News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

No more account activation needed after upgrade to VM3.8.6

Started by sirius, November 25, 2020, 17:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirius

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a strange behaviour of VM since I upgraded to 3.8.6 (from 3.8.4)

Same settings but Recaptcha disabled in vm settings for test registrations.

Here is the problem:
A user registers, everything goes well but the activation link is useless, because on his Virtuemart profile we can see that his account is already activated (blocked is on "no").
On the other hand, the account on the joomla user side, the account is active, but not activated, since the link seems to be nullified by virtuemart.

Test carried out on two different sites under VM 3.8.6: same result.
Test carried out on a site without Virtuemart: Normal behavior the joomla user account is blocked as long as the activation link is not clicked.

Do you see the same behavior?
Thanks in advance
J3.10.12 | PHP 7.4.33 + APC + memcached + Opcode
VM Prod : 3.8.6 | VM Test : 4.0.12.10777

jenkinhill

Try turning VM SEO off.

I never use required registration but for me it has always been the case that the user is automatically registered as a shopper in VM despite the Joomla use settings so can continue to complete the sale. The last thing I want is for someone to have to wait for an email before being allowed to hand over their cash. 

After completing the payment they can't log in again to the cart to make a new purchase, though, if not enabled in Joomla.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sirius

J3.10.12 | PHP 7.4.33 + APC + memcached + Opcode
VM Prod : 3.8.6 | VM Test : 4.0.12.10777