News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Shopper field select issue

Started by ribo, December 30, 2020, 01:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ribo

Hello,
in every shopper field type "select" in frontend shopping cart in Billing details it shows the label and not the tittle of the selected option that you create in this field as it shows correctly the tittle instead the label in Email when you "check out now".
How we can change this to have the tittle and not the value in Billing details and in Shipping details if we want?

Jörgen

Sounds like a template issue.
Hard to tell without images versions, template use, opc etc

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

ribo

No it s not template issue as the same happens and in protostar.
Let me give you an example.
We have the shopper field "Title". This have two values "Mr" and "Mrs". In english language it s ok as values and tittles of the field are the same. But in greek language the values are "Mr" and "Mrs" and the tittles are "Κ." and "Κα" . So in Billing details in greek language shows "Mr" and "Mrs" which are the values and in Email it shows correctly "Κ." and "Κα"(tittles) as they are in greek language. So the problem is that in billing details shows the value and in there i can t use greek language as we have utf8 characters.
My big problem is that if i will use another field with letters that english language not have in greek language i can t hide the problem.
Note i use joomla 3.9.23 and virtuemart 3.8.6.10373 and php 7.3.25

Jörgen

Use language keys that will be translated into correct language for the label field.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

ribo

This is not a solution as the field "tittle" has languages keys but when you will save the billing details it appear the value of the field and not the tittle in greek language.
Edit: sorry that i didn t mentioned that the issue happens when you save the billing details as guest and the same are and as a registered user when you save the billing details.

Jörgen

If Ypu want help You have to show some images. You are not really explaining the problem very well.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

ribo

In the first image(billing-details.jpg) is billing details is joomla frontend when you save. The marked are the values of the type select fields and not the tittles
In the second image(mail.jpg) this is the email with billing details and the marked are the tittles of type select fields that they are translated in greek language.
So in the first image don t put the translated tittles of the field as the email does.