News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

No Option to Pay on PayPal with PayPal Pro Enabled

Started by barnes, December 29, 2020, 07:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barnes

Hello,

I am testing the checkout function with PayPal Pro in Sandbox mode.  The page tells buyers that they can "pay with your debit or credit card, or with PayPal," but there is no option to pay with PayPal.  A form to insert credit/ debit card info appears, but there is no way to select solely PayPal.  I've tested this in both a Flexand the Beez3 template, but neither provides an option to simply pay on PayPal.

Should a buyer be able to choose between paying with a card or paying on PayPal's website if the PayPal Pro method is enabled?  How would a buyer choose the PayPal method during checkout?

Thanks.

Joomla: 3.9.12
VM: 3.6.10 10211
Template: Flex

Jörgen

This would be a question for PayPal support to answer. Do You have a PRO account ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

Pay with a Paypal account will be shown and selectable if the shopper email address is found to have a Paypal account. I believe that real PP accounts are not available in sandbox.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AH

If you are using the Pro configuration in Sandbox

You should see the available options relevant to PayPal (regardless of if the purchaser has a paypal account.)

VM has no option to disable/enable PayPal or Credit card payment - the options show are based on PayPal.

PayPal shows me Card and PayPal options ( and I have seen for many years) when I test PayPal pro on VM

I am not sure if you can disable PayPal as a method in you PayPal account.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0