News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

PDF invoice Editing issue

Started by Murad, December 22, 2020, 13:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murad

I need to Removed Following Text from PDF invoice.

From Header
{Vm: vendor name}
{Vm: vendor address}

From Footer
{vm: vendorlegalinfo}
Page {vm: pagenum} / {vm: pagecount}

I already done many changes in Invoice, mail invoice and removed these code. but in PDF when someone receive it, it is still here
and Yes I deleted old all invoices here 'administrator/components/com_virtuemart/secret_folder/invoices"  to Generate new PDF invoices , but in first time its looking fine. but after some time these text are again appeared

Joomla 3.9.23
Virtuemart 3.8.x
PHP 7.4

jenkinhill

Have you edited them on the Shop  Invoices/Emails  tab?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Murad

Yes i Removed it from header and footer boxes but it is still showing in pdf invoices
Joomla 3.9.23
Virtuemart 3.8.x
PHP 7.4

Jörgen

Insert some random text. Just to make sure you are editing the right template.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Murad

Yes I already edit tmpl files here /web/components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice  and its working when I delete old invoices
but customers received email with not changing of these texts. I changed other text and customized the invoice with some table borders but these shourtcode has not effect
Joomla 3.9.23
Virtuemart 3.8.x
PHP 7.4

Jörgen

You can not add just any advanced HTML in the PDF invoice. The PDF compiler does not like it. But removing the place holders should work. It is a bit unclear, in the images you show they are still there.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Murad

can you confirm the exact code from where I edit the these text in tmpl files
Joomla 3.9.23
Virtuemart 3.8.x
PHP 7.4

Jörgen

Have You checked in the VM configuration ? There You edit header and footer. No file to edit.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Murad

You mean in Shop > Invoices/Emails header and footer setting ?
when I disable the header and footer its work correct but there is one more problem that logo is also hide
Joomla 3.9.23
Virtuemart 3.8.x
PHP 7.4

GJC Web Design

in an over ride for \components\com_virtuemart\views\invoice\tmpl\invoice.php you can just remove the dynamic stuff and hard code your logo  ( use full path)

<?php //echo $this->replaceVendorFields($this->vendor->vendor_letter_header_html, $this->vendor); ?>
replace with your logo

and

//echo $this->replaceVendorFields($this->vendor->vendor_letter_footer_html, $this->vendor);
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Jörgen

You have two choses. Either DELETE the placeholder You do not want to be shown, it is a kind of WYSIWYG editor or You do as John sais, override the dynamic stuff.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

GJC Web Design

QuoteDELETE the placeholder

maybe if u delete everything in the editor fields the "default" values are then saved?  Which is why they re-appear the next time the shop is saved?
Just a thought...
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Murad

Quote from: Jörgen on December 22, 2020, 20:12:04 PM
You have two choses. Either DELETE the placeholder You do not want to be shown, it is a kind of WYSIWYG editor or You do as John sais, override the dynamic stuff.

Yes I already was comment this code and now I change it with logo, the logo is working fine and showing without {Vm: vendor name} in shop.
but in email it is still appear, please check attachment.

I  removed  {Vm: vendor name} in editor filed change with dummy text . the dummy text in appear in shop invoices and in pdf , but in email it is still show {Vm: vendor name}  ;D
Joomla 3.9.23
Virtuemart 3.8.x
PHP 7.4

Jörgen

This must come from Your overrides, check your template files. These are not stock VM template files.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Murad

Quote from: Jörgen on December 23, 2020, 10:23:28 AM
This must come from Your overrides, check your template files. These are not stock VM template files.

Jörgen

Yes I also created and moved Override file myself in template files here  "/web/templates/sparky_framework/html/com_virtuemart/invoice" and changed there are many codes and its working fine
but now for testing I also modified the code  here "/web/components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/"
but the same result the pdf invoice is working in shop backend but in email it is still show the text
I also delete pdf files from here every time to see latest result
/web/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/secretcode/invoices
Joomla 3.9.23
Virtuemart 3.8.x
PHP 7.4