News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Invisible reCAPTCHA on registration form

Started by barbara, December 15, 2020, 03:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbara

Hi

I am trying to find a wa y to get the  Invisible reCAPTCHA working on the VM registration form

I found an old thread marked solved, but as far as I could tell there was no actual solution posted

can this be done?

any help would be greatly appreciated

jenkinhill

I works just fine in VM 3.8.6 - if not using that version you need to upgrade. Ensure that the Joomla CAPTCHA - Invisible reCAPTCHA plugin is correctly configured and enabled.  Turn on ReCaptcha for registration in configuration/Shop and check if using template overrides that the ReCaptcha display code is present.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

barbara

the invisible recaptcha is working on the joomla / breezing forms forms, so the recaptcha appears to be working - just not VM,

using J 3.9.23 / vm 3.8.6

Use ReCaptcha for Registration - checked

still get error
'Message
Empty solution not allowed.'

which seems like the vm registration page is looking for the old style checkbox recaptcha?

barbara

I disabled the redirect and tried to submit the joomla registration form - no problem

the issue is def. with the vm registration form

which is the actual file that includes the recaptcha code in the registration process?

I`m wondering if there is an old overwrite in place, but I dont know which file to check

GJC Web Design

components\com_virtuemart\views\user\tmpl\edit.php

echo $this->captcha;
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

barbara

I have 2 pages

which have a section including:

echo $this->captcha;

components\com_virtuemart\views\user\tmpl\edit.php
components\com_virtuemart\views\user\tmpl\edit_address.php

Seems to be the edit_address page which is loading when I click edit billing/shipping on the cart page, ( it has the COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_CAPTCHA  language part which the edit.php does not)
The edit.php file loads when the register button is directly clicked

both of the files have the [echo $this->captcha;]  code

*note with the invisible captcha usually a little icon loads on eg the bottom right of the screen - this happens with the joomla registration & breezing forms forms, but no icon loads on the vm registration page

on some older threads I saw a reference to 'editaddresscartBT'' being an issue with captcha

looking in my developer tools I see a warning under sources  'editaddresscartBT''

[DOM] Found 2 elements with non-unique id #modlgn-passwd: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq) %o

but I cant seem to find a file called  'editaddresscartBT'' ?!

jenkinhill

There is no "editaddresscartBT" file - it is used to refer to the billing address.

The captcha code is included in components/com_virtuemart/views/user/tmpl/edit_address.php

// captcha addition
if(VmConfig::get ('reg_captcha') && JFactory::getUser()->guest == 1){
?>
<fieldset id="recaptcha_wrapper">
<?php if(!VmConfig::get ('oncheckout_only_registered')) { ?>
<span class="userfields_info"><?php echo vmText::('COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_CAPTCHA'); ?></span>
<?php ?>
<?php echo $this->captcha?>
</fieldset><?php }
// end of captcha addition

If using an override  for that file make sure it contains the ReCaptcha code.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

citylop

Hello, I am using J3.9.25 and VirtueMart 3.8.8 10472.
Invisible Recaptcha is set all across the site and it is working fine, at least it was until recently, when unfortunately I discovered that I can no longer register to virtuemart because I get the message "Empty solution not allowed."

Recaptcha plugin set in 1) Virtuemart configuration, 2) in J plugin, 3) in global configurations and 4) users options

I checked the files mentioned above and everything seems OK, I also do not have a folder under my template/html for virtuemart so I believe that there is no override for this.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks in advance
BR

jenkinhill

No idea!  Works fine for me on a test site with same versions as you using default VM templates on VMBeez.

I assume you only have the CAPTCHA - Invisible reCAPTCHA plugin enabled and not both reCAPTCHA plugins?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

citylop

Hello Jenkin and thanks for your answer!

Yes I only have invisible recaptcha enabled which works fine in contact form but not in virtuemart registration page.

Could it be a template issue? Is there a thing I should check before anything else?

jenkinhill

The first diagnostic test for an error like you describe is to check using (preferably) the VMBeez template (included in the VM packages, such as com_virtuemart.3.8.9.10473_package_or_extract.zip). Alternative try Protostar or Beez. These should use the default VM templates.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK