News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Exclude and Include VAT on initial price

Started by bhavinvyas, December 14, 2020, 08:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhavinvyas

Hi,

I just have installed a VirtueMart on my client's Joomla website. The website is currently on localhost.
I want to know how can fix Exclude and Include VAT on the initial price?

Let me explain in brief with an example:

Example:
Suppose there are two items.

1) Item 1 = £350.00
2) Item 2 = £150.99

The above prices are initial rates. I have taken 2 items for a better explanation. But later I will add thousands of items to the website.

Case 1: If someone buys Item 1 then I want to exclude VAT from that item price.

Gross: £350.00
VAT(20%): £58.33
Net: £291.67

For this case, I want to show £291.67.

Case 2: If someone buys Item 2 then I want to include VAT from its price.

Net: £150.99
VAT(20%): £30.20
Gross: £181.19

For this case, I want to show £181.19.

(Use https://vat-calc.net if you are not aware of VAT exclusion or inclusion)

In short, if someone buys any item above £200 then exclude VAT, and if below £200 then include VAT.

Hope you will get my point. Please let me know if need more details from me.
I didn't find any solution from the forum. So, please help me how can I fix this on my website.

Thanks

pinochico

Is not fix (You are like my clients - they consider everything a repair so that they do not have to pay anything), is custom request, I think.

And if is custom request, then you should hire some developers
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Jörgen

Is this an actual real scenario ?

You have a base price and you have calculation rules that either add or do not add VAT to the final price.

How on earth do You know when to add and when to REMOVE VAT ? Either add or NOT add VAT dependin on user, country or product category.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

To disallow VAT for a product select Apply no rule in the selector next to the Base price.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

GJC Web Design

the "normal" way to work with VAT exclusion is to apply the Vat to the default shopper group

then clients that do not need to pay vat are added to "another" shopper group" where the vat is then of course not applied..

But a lot depends on WHO you are designating as not paying Vat.
If as above its controlled by shopper groups then the client needs to be in that shopper group before they will see vat free prices..

So either u have a system where clients ( wholesalers perhaps) apply to you to be incl. in the vat free SG and if approved you manually add them..
or

e.g. clients outside the EU don't pay Vat then u can use an automated ip detection system that adds them to the Vat free group if outside the EU etc etc

this can be fully automated with https://extensions.virtuemart.net/shopper-order/orders/eu-vat-id-checker-detail and there are some others .. I think Rupostels One page Checkout incl. this as well
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

bhavinvyas

Quote from: Jörgen on December 14, 2020, 11:01:44 AM
Is this an actual real scenario ?

You have a base price and you have calculation rules that either add or do not add VAT to the final price.

How on earth do You know when to add and when to REMOVE VAT ? Either add or NOT add VAT dependin on user, country or product category.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

I already have mentioned in my post.

"If someone buys any item above £200 then exclude VAT, and if below £200 then include VAT."

Jörgen

Very strange scenario, just curious, which country and under what circumstances does this apply ?

The limit 200 with or without tax included ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

jenkinhill

Spend £x with us and we pay your VAT is a sales discount scheme I have seen in the UK.

But buy a product at £199.99 and pay £40 VAT  or pay £200 for that same product and pay no VAT????  I do like a conundrum.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jörgen

Hello Jenkin, if that would be the case then this is clearly a job for Awocoupon. Clearly you have as shopkeeper has to pay the VAT anyway. I remember some years ago a company made the same thing in Sweden and if I remember correctly they could not call it VAT free purchase. The had to say that it was a discount equal to the VAT.

Awocoupon handles almost every thinkable discount.

https://awodev.com/products/joomla/awocoupon

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

bhavinvyas

It's going out of my mind.
I think it is only possible by custom coding and I should have to hire a developer who can do custom coding.

jenkinhill

@Jörgen yes I agree, Awocoupon would be my choice to make this work since the standard tax/calc plugin cannot set tax rates by product price.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK