[3.8.6] Admin category filter on products do not work with spaces on subcat

Started by sirius, November 27, 2020, 16:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirius

Hi all,
can't tell this is obviously a bug but something missing somewhere.

Admin > Products Management
When you make a search for a category in the filter field for a sub category, first word is ok, but if your category name has a space it doesn't work, and so nothing found.

For example:

• "MAINCAT" => Will work as expected, and is underline in the list for a match
  • "MAINCAT AGAIN" => Will work as expected, and is underline in the list for a match
  • "- SUBCAT" => Will work as expected, and is underline in the list for a match
  • "- SUBCAT AGAIN" => Will NOT work as expected, and tell "No results match"
Not convenient, because almost all my sub categories have two words space separated. So it's very difficult to select the one i need.

Thanks
J3.10.12 | PHP 7.4.33 + APC + memcached + Opcode
VM Prod : 3.8.6 | VM Test : 4.0.12.10777

jenkinhill

I am on testing/development version VM 3.8.7 10378  and find that subcats with spaces in their name work OK as a product filter.

Now found a VirtueMart 3.8.6 10373 site and checked - sub-categories work OK here, using the drop-down category selector.

I see there is a language string issue with the selector, the text on 3.8.6 10373 is "Unselect any product category" whereas on 3.8.7 10378 it is the correct "Select product category".

Not much help to you, though.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sirius

Ok, jenkinhill

So I will do another bunch of tests to figure out where's the hiccup.

Thanks anyway  ;)
J3.10.12 | PHP 7.4.33 + APC + memcached + Opcode
VM Prod : 3.8.6 | VM Test : 4.0.12.10777