News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Order emails not being received after update to 3.8.8

Started by fing086, March 24, 2021, 21:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fing086

Hi, I have just updated my site to VirtueMart 3.8.8 10472 and Joomla 3.9.25.
Since doing so I have received 65 orders but I have only received 9 emails, all in one batch, regarding the new orders.

My email account is working fine, with no issues at the server and no changes have been made within the website apart from the updates.

Any advice would be appreciated
Thank you in advance

Jörgen

Updated from what ?
New settings have been added in configuration.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

fing086

Updated from the previous Virtuemart and Joomla versions.

Ill take a look in configuration to see if I can see anything
Thanks for that info

Jörgen

QuoteUpdated from the previous Virtuemart and Joomla versions.

Ok that is quite clear to me ver 3.2.12  I guess ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

fing086

I have updated from whatever the previous version was on the site, I assume that was VM 3.8.7 and J3.9.24 as the site is constantly updated to latest version.
I can't check as I have updated and I had no issues with the previous version, issues have only occurred after the latest update.

What new settings have been added in configuration?
Would these new settings have any effect on the receiving of emails when new orders are placed?

Jörgen

You did not disclose your VM version. That is why i gave you this advise. I was shooting in the dark.
I would disable invoice creation and turn off custom template overrides.
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

fing086

In the first line of my initial post I mentioned both the VM version and build number and Joomla version number?

I did feel your responses were a little off...

Anyway, moving on, where will I find the area to disable invoice creation?
Thanks.

jenkinhill

In you first post you did not state which VM version you updated from. Some people are still updating from VM2 versions, hence the perfectly logical request for information.

Invoices can be turned off in VM Cofiguration/Orders
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

fing086

Ok, I get that, on that note, and to ensure future posts are properly headed, is there a way of gaining that info from within VM after updating?
Or is it just a case of making sure I know what I was on prior to the update?

Thanks

jenkinhill

No you need to remember/make a note of which versions you update from. When I update I keep a working copy of the pre-updated site, just in case!

Suggest you also check that you updated TCPDF as well as the main component and aio package.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

fing086

Thanks for that advice. appreciated, now just got to see where these emails are disappearing to!

Jörgen

As jenkins said. Check TCPDF, it is responsible for creating invoices. If it fails it will block email. Turning off invoice creation will ensure that emails have a chance to be sent properly. In VM backend you assign which orderstatuses will create an invoice. Make sure no invoice is created or assign to an unused orderstatus. Check the order view to see if there are invoices created and if they perhaps are damaged or corrupt.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x