1054 Unknown column 'Array' in 'where clause after update to 3.8.6 ** SOLVED **

Started by dennisg, November 24, 2020, 14:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dennisg

Hi,

Just updated my VM installation to the latest 3.8.6 10373

After the update, when in products in the back-end and if I apply any search filter I get the above error.

Any ideas on what could have gone wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Partyzant

PRO

have you tried "install or update tables" in tools and migration ?

dennisg

Even optimised db from within VM tools, repaired tables in phpMyAdmin....

Jumbo!

Go to Joomla Global Configuration and enable "Debug System" option. Next set "Error Reporting" option to "Development" mode.

Go to VirtueMart Configuration and set "PHP Developer mode" option as "For all".

Now go to the error page, take a screenshot and post it here.

igormoor

VirtueMart 3.8.6 10373
Joomla! 3.9.23
PHP 7.4

On same hosting VirtueMart 3.6.10 10211 working properly.

Cococoder

I have the same error and here is the error: PHP Notice: Array to string conversion in /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/product.php on line 478
And the call stack:
Call stack
#   Function   Location
1   ()   JROOT/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php:665
2   JDatabaseDriverMysqli->execute()   JROOT/libraries/joomla/database/driver.php:1550
3   JDatabaseDriver->loadColumn()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmmodel.php:865
4   VmModel->exeSortSearchListQuery()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/product.php:833
5   VirtueMartModelProduct->sortSearchListQuery()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/product.php:1992
6   VirtueMartModelProduct->getProductListing()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/product/view.html.php:394
7   VirtuemartViewProduct->display()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmcontroller.php:121
8   VmController->display()   JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:710
9   Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.php:76
10   require_once()   JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:402
11   Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent()   JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:377
12   Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()   JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:101
13   Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch()   JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:159
14   Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute()   JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:196
15   Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()   JROOT/administrator/index.php:51

PHP-Version 7.3.21
Joomla version, 3.9.23.
VirtueMart 3.8.6 10373

Trouble shooting done so far: Deactivated plugins, reinstall Joomla core files. Fix database. Install and if necessary update missing table . Clear cache. Tested on a test server with same template and version and error could not be reproduced.

Note for anyone with the issue: please post your php, Joomla and virtuemart version.

GJC Web Design

I can't recreate it on

PHP-Version 7.3.21
Joomla version, 3.9.23.
VirtueMart 3.8.6 10373

line 478 is  $where[] = ' `pc`.`virtuemart_category_id` = ' . $virtuemart_category_id;

so somehow  $virtuemart_category_id must be an array -- is it possible now to have the category select as a multiselect??

and why does it now say "Unselect any product category" ?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

AH

"and why does it now say "Unselect any product category" ?"
"is it possible now to have the category select as a multiselect??"

New functionality - enabled by hidden config

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

igormoor

Hidden config? This is great! New functionality - even better.
But how we can solve this?

k2bmedia

I think the problem only occur when you use subproducts (product is children of)

igormoor

Quote from: k2bmedia on November 25, 2020, 11:15:31 AM
I think the problem only occur when you use subproducts (product is children of)

I don't have any children products. And have this situation on two sites, with different articles and structure.

AH

Quote from: igormoor on November 25, 2020, 10:42:45 AM
Hidden config? This is great! New functionality - even better.
But how we can solve this?

No idea - what I was answering was GJC's questions regarding the screen shots
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

EsSa55

Quote from: GJC Web Design on November 25, 2020, 10:29:26 AM
I can't recreate it on

PHP-Version 7.3.21
Joomla version, 3.9.23.
VirtueMart 3.8.6 10373

Hello John

I have same issue:

PHP-Version 7.3.24
Joomla version, 3.9.23.
VirtueMart 3.8.6 10373

Also, site product images "disappeared" which is why I wanted to check in backend.

See: https://back3.4footyfans.com