News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Apple Mac Image Upload

Started by Topknotch, November 19, 2020, 12:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topknotch

Hi,

This one is odd.
When trying to upload an image to a product using the mac, it shows the warning image on the image even though it says it uploaded correctly.
When uploading the same image from a windows 10 machine it works fine.
The mac was recently updated to Catalina and it appears to be since then the issue started. I thought it might be an error with Safari, so installed Chrome but it has the same issue. I also noticed that the image shows the thumbnail like IMG_3889.jpeg_1
Any ideas please?
Thanks

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Topknotch

that's what I originally thought, but dosen't seem to make a difference. Tried it on 2 different macs, same issue, makes no sense. It was working fine for over a year
>:(

diri

Quote from: Topknotch on November 19, 2020, 12:31:10 PM
IMG_3889.jpeg_1
hm. You get extensiion .jpeg_1. What is original filename (local)?

Topknotch

Just IMG_3889.jpeg, does virtumart not like jpeg?

Jörgen

Joomla does not like jpeg. You have to add this to allowed types and mimetypes in the mediamanager.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

pinochico

setup mac?
I have mac 30 years (the first mac was Quadra 950 and costed 37 000 Eur) and I don't use jpeg...
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Topknotch

I have set JPEG as allow in joomla, media > options > Legal Image Extensions (File Types) > bmp,gif,jpg,jpeg,png , but it still doesn't work.
@pinochico how do you force an iMac to use JPG and not JPEG?

Jörgen

Have you set mimetypes to allow this also ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Topknotch

that was already set -
Legal MIME Types - image/jpeg,image/gif,image/png,image/bmp,application/x-shockwave-flash,application/msword,application/excel,application/pdf,application/powerpoint,text/plain,application/x-zip

Jörgen

Tried to inactivate mimetype check and see what happens ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Topknotch

just tried that and its the same  :(

Jörgen

OK if You have inactivated both tests then there must be someting with the VM thumbnail creation. I have a vague notion that this was an issue and the current solution is to rename the files to .jpg before upload.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x