News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

HELP 404 error after modify and save, database broken?

Started by Ferran, November 16, 2020, 22:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferran

Hello and thank you all in advance. Since a few days, I have problems with my Joomla + Virtuemart websites. The fact is that when I make any product modification from the VM administration, when saving, the product breaks. The weblinks of the product give a 404 error, even the products do not appear to select when creating a new Product type link.

A few days ago our hosting migrated to a higher version, with more features, more php, etc ... and I don't know if something could be broken during the migration ... But on all websites?

I need ideas ... I'm going crazy about it .. new SQL Server? The Joomla version?...

If we don't modify the products from VM-Joomla, nothing happens ... all good. For example, we use a software called Store Manager for Virtuemart that works from outside with Virtuemart via bridge connection. The problem occurs when we press the SAVE button .... I hope you can help me a little, if someone needs it I will give him access where he needs it.

The webs work with an old version of VM, specifically 3.0.8 and Joomla 3.9.22. I understand that VM is quite out of date but the reason is its extreme customization. We plan to upgrade, but regardless of that, does anyone know what the hell is going on?

Jörgen

This sounds like You have problems with new PHP versions, old VM versions and many other old Joomla extension for that matter, do not play nicely with PHP 7.xx versions.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

VM 3.0.8 is about five and a half years old so is very unlikely to work with current PHP versions, it will have been developed using PHP5. Also many people have had problems running old VM versions on Joomla 3.9

You can check the PHP version in use in Joomla's System/System information tab

If the customisations were done correctly with plugins and overrides then updating should notbe impossible. You will almost certainly require an updated template system and may find that current VM & template have the features added in customising.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

pinochico

We have 8 shops on VM 3.0.3 edition from EasySoftware/Minion 1.0.7 from 2015/2016.
Still are ok and function, but we must use the PHP version 5.6 only - now we are working on updating to PHP7.4

Then your problem will be for two reasons:
PHP version - pls check if bigger than 5.6 and go back (we use 5.6.40-30+0~20200807.36+debian10~1.gbp3a37a8)
Mysql - Store Manager is out of date and function only for VM 3.4.X max == then mysql must be min. 2 years old, not new - pls check too and go back (I think for Store Manager we use MysQL - 5.7.31-34-log)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Ferran

Thanks to all of you who have answered, you are definitely all right, it is a PHP problem. I have tried it and all the errors are corrected so in order not to take a step back, we will update all the VMs and I think everything is going to work wonderfully.

Many thanks to all