News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Main menu not showing on Virtuemart pages.

Started by AnnieG13, November 18, 2020, 11:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnieG13

Joomla version 3.9.22
VirtueMart 3.8.4

Site - www.puppylanetreats.com.au

I have the 'main menu' module published to all pages. But when you click on my 'Shop' menu link the main menu doesn't show on any Virtuemart pages.
Can anyone give me some help as why this is happening.   :'( :'(

Thanks in advance
Annie

jenkinhill

You are changing templates when going to the store - from mx_joomla157 to Protostar. You need to enable the main menu module within Protostar.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jörgen

Check template assignment, maybe changed template ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

AnnieG13

Hi jenkinhill,
Yes I am using two different templates, but I have tried to work out where to change it so the main menu shows, but all it's do is change to look of my page, could you please give me some directions how to enable the menu in Protostar template.

Thanks Annie

Hi Jorgen,
As you can see I have two templates as I couldn't get the mx_joomla157 to shop the shop the way I wanted it.

Thanks Annie

Jörgen

You have to make sure you have a menu-module assigned to a location in Protostar, in the same way as You did for Your other template. Protostar does not have the same name for the menu location. Assign a copy of the menu module to position-1, if I recall correctly.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

pinochico

Put module position for menu to index.php from protostar
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Jörgen

Rudolf gives you another idea
Add the name of your menu position in the mx_joomla157 to the position you want it displayed, in index.php file for the protostar template. You could also just rename the position in Protostar index.php. Be ware that this will be overwritten by an update of the Protostar template.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

GJC Web Design

if u are only using Protostar so as to have no VM overides then simply rename /templates/mx_joomla157/html/com_virtuemart  instead of changing templates
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

AnnieG13

Hi all,
Thanks for all your advise, I will see how I go with them.
At present I have totally messed up the home page somehow. Trying to delete some unused items, modules etc to speed up the site loading, so have a bigger problem for now.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Will need to do a restore of the site first.

Annie