States not appearing for United States in Shopper Information

Started by radiowave911, November 08, 2020, 04:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiowave911

I just installed VirtueMart for our club to use for things such as annual dues and the occasional merchandise we make available to our members.  I am attempting to set up the shop, and when entering the required address information, I choose 'United States', then for 'State/Province/Region' there are no options.  I enter PA for Pennsylvania, and get a message that no results match 'PA'.  I get the same for Pennsylvania.

I searched for this issue using the forum search box and came up empty.

In countries, I have unpublished all except United States.  In States for United States, all are published.

I am using VirtueMart 3.8.6 10373 on Joomla 3.9.18 Stable, with PHP 7.3.21.

If additional information is required or desired, please let me know.  Because this shop is intended for our club members only, there is no publicly accessible URL for the shop.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance!

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

radiowave911

Thank you for the link.  Why that did not appear in my search, who knows.  Sometimes I am not the best at formulating a good search query for issues like this :)

I looked at that thread, but am not getting any errors in the console (Google Chrome, my default browser).  I checked in FireFox, same behavior with the lists, and no errors appearing in the console.

There was a 'violation' message about a 'setTimeout' handler taking 76mS, the script in question is part of LastPass (onloadwff.js).  I temporarily disabled LastPass, and no longer get the violation message in the Chrome console.  The behavior of the selection boxes did not change - still no state options when United States is selected.

Because I have done little with the shop thus far (just installed it on our site last night), I am considering re-installing it over top of itself and seeing if that corrects the issue.  For right now, though, I will have to implement a workaround to allow our members to pay their annual dues on-line (which was the primary driver for setting up a members-only storefront in the first place at this point in time).  I still want this to work, though.  I used an earlier version of VirtueMart a number of years ago when I was getting started with an e-Commerce site for myself.  I have since migrated to a fully hosted e-commerce solution - something that is not really a cost-effective option for the club.

Thanks again for the assistance and link, it is most appreciated.

GJC Web Design

when u select a country an ajax call goes out to populate the state select

you can see in the Network tab XHR if this is working and what is the response

index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=state&format=json&virtuemart_country_id=223

you can also try these urls manually to test the response
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation