News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Hide Tax Value

Started by funkyfela, October 29, 2020, 15:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funkyfela

Hello,
I want to hide the Tax value on VM. On the checkout page, the name of my tax rule is shown and underneath the value is shown and i dont want it to show. When i hide it from the configuration->Pricing, It disappears from the table but again it shows on the table below after the total is shown with the label: Tax includes: Tax: 2.5% and amount. I want it totally gone.
How can i achieve that.

Thanks

GJC Web Design

adapt your  \templates\your_template\html\com_virtuemart\cart\default_pricelist.php to suit your requirements
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

funkyfela

Thanks but there is no such folder on my directory
\templates\your_template\html\com_virtuemart\cart\default_pricelist.php

what i have is
\templates\your_template\html\com_virtuemart\category\default.php
\templates\your_template\html\com_virtuemart\productdetails\default.php
\templates\your_template\html\com_virtuemart\sublayout\addtocartbtn.php
\templates\your_template\html\com_virtuemart\sublayout\categories.php
\templates\your_template\html\com_virtuemart\sublayout\products.php
\templates\your_template\html\com_virtuemart\sublayout\rating.php

pinochico

To GJC:

To funkyfela:

1. First You must learn how function Joomla and MVC and override - find on Joomla doc
2. Copy this file from virtuemart to your template and then edit

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

funkyfela

To pinochico:

It seems you do not understand what i mean? I cant find the folder: cart\default_pricelist.php
at least i can read and if i see the folder i will know that its the folder/file before overriding.
i have searched all over, maybe my template has a different name for it

Jörgen

@funkyfela

It is actually You that do not understand the override mechanism in Joomla. Not all files and folders have to be overridden in a custom template.
If the file is not there You will have to create an override for the cart in Your_template. See Joomla documentation if GJC directions are not enough for You to understand. GJC has given a correct file path for You to use.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

If you don't already have an override for that file then you will find the default (original file) in components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/

Download default_pricelist.php and edit it to your requirements. Then create the directory \templates\your_template\html\com_virtuemart\cart\ and upload your edited file. This will then override the default template and will not be overwritten when VirtueMart is upgraded.

Edit:  Jörgen just beat me!
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

funkyfela

Thank you all for your contributions.
@jenkinhill your directive was much easier for me to understand. I have done the override. I guess i will need to study more on the override.

Thanks all