News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

paying method in invoice

Started by centinela, October 30, 2020, 11:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

centinela

Hello, how can I show the paying method used in the inovices? At the moment that field is blank. Thank you,

Jörgen

Look at the original file, not the overridden file from Your template and see how it is done. It is shown by default.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

centinela

Sorry Jörguen, could you please specify where can I find the original file? Thank you,

GJC Web Design

<?php echo $this->orderDetails['paymentName']; ?>

components\com_virtuemart\views\invoice\tmpl\invoice_order.php
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

pinochico

1. First learn how function Joomla and MVC - find on Joomla DOC - what is view, what is layout, what is template, where do you find layout/template for view from HTML code, which is different between basic template (invoice.php) and sublayout (invoice_items.php)
2. Try this
- Show the invoice
- Use Inspect element for showing the html code
- Find mark about view and tmpl - on body or html mark
(Etc: on body mark I see -> contentpane x-c-s option-com-virtuemart view-invoice lang-en-GB => then I know, this view is from component VirtueMart and view Invoice.)
(Etc.: in URL I see -> index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=invoice&layout=invoice&tmpl=component => then I know. the layout is invoice)

Ok, now I go to FTP, find folder component (this is for FE - frontend), the subfolder com_virtuemart (this is OPTION == COMPONENT), then subfolder views (there are all views for FE), then subfolder invoice (this is VIEW), then subfolder tmpl (this is LAYOUT), then find file invoice.php (this is finally layout for invoice).
Inside this files is loaded some sublayout (invoice_order.php, ...)

So if I know which file I must change and know how function override in Joomla, then next action is very simple :)

Find in original file info about payment Name - find echo $this->orderDetails['paymentName']

Good luck for your a way...

To GJC:
If you post exact code, then people nothing will be to learn (never) and next time go again for solution (for personally free freelancer)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

centinela

Thank you all, but this is beyond me. In Orders I can see the paying method used, but in the downloaded version of the order the payment method is not there anymore. In
components\com_virtuemart\views\invoice\tmpl\invoice_order.php y have <?php echo $this->orderDetails['paymentName']; ?> so I don´t know what is going on.

The url is index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=orders&task=callInvoiceView&tmpl=component, so it is a virtuemart template.

pinochico

QuoteThe url is index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=orders&task=callInvoiceView&tmpl=component, so it is a virtuemart template.

Yes, component is virtuemart
Yes, in URL is not administration, then view is for frontend (you must search in folder on FTP - root/components/com_virtuemart)
No, view is not invoice, but orders
No, tmpl is not DEFAULT (inside folder tmp, inside view orders), but TASK=> task is function in model ORDERS (because you have view orders) or function in VIEW.HTML.PHP for orders == this function you can not override, then you must hack core code VirtueMart or develop custom plugin for override or look inside this task (function) - I think maybe call another view?....
No, tmpl=component is special format from template for VIEW without head, headers, menu, footer, ... - try find on Joomla DOC - is not from VirtueMart
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Jörgen

It is not a Virtuemart template, all templates are Joomla templates.
Check:
tempates/your_used_template/html/com_virtuemart

If You rename this folder temporary, you can "unpublish" a bit of the template for the virtuemart component.
If This brings out the oayment name, You will have to work You way throgh the override files and see how you insert the code that is missing.

This is an issue with Your template, have You checked with Your template supplier about this ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

centinela

Quote from: Jörgen on November 03, 2020, 19:33:18 PM
It is not a Virtuemart template, all templates are Joomla templates.
Check:
tempates/your_used_template/html/com_virtuemart

There is no /com_virtuemart in my template folder.

I think is something to do with the paying method plugin. All the PayPal payments show the paying method in the invoice, whereas all the credit card payments don´t. I will ask the plugin supplier. Thanks a lot.

pinochico

QuoteThere is no /com_virtuemart in my template folder.  - I will ask the plugin supplier. Thanks a lot.

Right. This is the right solution.
Which payment plugin do you use?

jenkinhill

Quote from: centinela on November 05, 2020, 17:25:32 PM
There is no /com_virtuemart in my template folder.

Which tells us that template overrides for VirtueMart are not used by your Joomla template.

The deault disply for payment method used in an invoice is to use the Payment Name set in the Payment Method Information tab (in some cases followed by the Payment Description.  Check the entries for these in your plugin.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum