News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

"Notify me" email recipient

Started by centinela, October 27, 2020, 10:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

centinela

Hello,
We are not receiving the emails sent from the "Notify Me" button placed instead of the "Add To Cart" button of some products.
Spam folder checked.
Any insight regarding the configuration of this feature will be much appreciated.
Thank you,

jenkinhill

It does not send an email to admin/vendor. The email address of the shopper is addded to the "Users waiting to be notified when this product is back in stock" on the product status tab.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

centinela

Thank you Jenkilhill, in that case, I need to find another way to work with this feauture. What I need instead of the "Add to cart" button is some kind of "Contact me" button for these specific products so we can get in touch directly with the buyer and manage the sale. For this products we have to catch the fish on demand, we don´t hold stock.
What do you recommend? Is there a way to trigger some kind of notification each time someone uses the "Notify me" button?

Jörgen

You could override this. Look at the code for ask a question and steal the call that sends an email to the admin.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

pinochico

QuoteWhat do you recommend? Is there a way to trigger some kind of notification each time someone uses the "Notify me" button?

Of course.

Virtuemart doesn't do this very well in terms of business.

That is why we have programmed a new view into the VirtueMart administration - Waitinglist and a new plugin - Notify into the Mailing Manager for Virtuemart application.

You get it
- Absolute control over all customer requests
- automatic system of custom email templates
- automatic emails to administrators
- automatic emails to customers after product storage

Applications including new plugins can be found here:
https://www.minijoomla.org/extensions/virtuemart-extensions/virtuemart-mailing-manager

We use it on all our created e-shops.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

centinela

Quote from: Jörgen on October 27, 2020, 12:09:52 PM
You could override this. Look at the code for ask a question and steal the call that sends an email to the admin.

Jörgen

Thank you Jörgen, that did the trick.

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.