News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Select Numerous Products for one "Package"

Started by samlf3rd, October 26, 2020, 05:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samlf3rd

Hello we have a dip/mix company that we want to sell a bunch of packages of products which are normally like $5 each, we want to sell a Party Pack for $50 where they select say 10 dips, 3 salsa mixes, 2 wine slush mixes-and it will be $50.
So, we want them to be able to select different products from different categories as part of an overall Package. I saw VM Product builder, but I don't think it has the ability to just select products without adding them up. We just want a party pack or a gift pack.
Does that make sense?

Jörgen

Sound like some kind of "volume discount". I guess this could be done with AwoCoupon, but my best bet is the iStraxx extension
https://extensions.virtuemart.net/product/products/quantity-related-price-calculation-detail

I use both extensions myself, to give discounts through different categories and products. I think You can arrange it for your case. But I really do not know what happens when the customer buys 16 units (pary pack +1 unit). I guess You can cover that also, but check with max at iStraxx and he will probably help You get started on this.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Jörgen

Hello again

This would probably be the plugin to use:
https://extensions.virtuemart.net/all-tutorials/10-calculation-rules/11-quantity-plugin

Check with Max and you will get more info if needed.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

pinochico

QuoteI saw VM Product builder, but I don't think it has the ability to just select products without adding them up.

I don't think so, I use VM Product builder
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products