News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

wrong Currency exchange rate

Started by marvays, October 19, 2020, 09:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marvays

I am using Artio VM Invoice. And have problem :(

This is a Slovak e-shop with sales in Hungary. The currency is set to Hungarian forints.

Invoicing can display the final sum of the invoice converted according to the ECB into another currency. In this case for the euro. But the calculation is bad. Artio's support claims that it will take the exchange rate from the VM for the conversion. The VM takes the exchange rate from the ECB. So where's the mistake?

I'll look in the database. For the invoice from September 2, 2020, I have the exchange rate EUR vs. HUF 0.0027783952. On this day, however, the exchange rate according to the ECB was: 0.0027873010563871

Where can I check which course the VM is giving to find out who is making a mistake here? Whether VM or Artio? I have to work this out. I can't sell with this mistake.

Thank you for understanding

marvays

I'll answer for myself. The error is in VirtueMart. The VM cannot determine the course back to a certain date. So if the customer orders on Friday night and I issue an invoice on Monday morning, VM will send Monday's course as Friday, which is a huge mistake :(

diri

@marvays

In case Artio (or any extension) does NOT store prices and exchange rate at time when order is placed for itself you are in trouble.

In such a case I'm sorry but, I'm pretty sure there's kind of error in your workflow when dealing with orders and multiple currencies inside of EU. In other cases it might be sufficient to place a message to customer that exchange rate might be different when you file the bill at some time.

VM for itself works kind of virtual in real time and therefor correct when taking current exchange rate in the moment you file a bill manually day(s) later. Even short time later might cause differences.

I see three choices for you. Either
a) set exchange rate manually and have to ensure to not to set it to high or to low
or
b) file bill automatic when customer confirms ordering (last step in process of placing the order)
c) stay with Euro in bill, show customer some price in Forint which can be expected but not as absolute price

Such gambling with currencies is always problematic when you have to show end price to EU customer at the moment he is placing the order by law (EU ...). That's drawback of not having Euro but Forint as EU customer's currency in your case.

edit:
Add choice c

marvays

@diri
I came up with another solution. It means bypassing. Have a plugin created that will find out the current exchange rate every day and save it in the web database. When invoicing, Artio will have information about the exchange rate on the day the order was created.

In Slovakia, the laws require you to have the course from the previous day, so in this case I will have the course saved by one day shifted in order to comply with their laws.

diri

Nice idea. Don't forget weekends or other holidays when shifting...

marvays

I have news. ARTIO told me today that the next update will resolve the import of the course from ECB independently of Virtuemart.

pinochico

Thanks for your info, I stopped developing
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products