News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

"Baseprice with Tax, but without discounts" not visible

Started by ex3mist, October 17, 2020, 11:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ex3mist

Hello,
I started building new web site and I need some help.
I'm having a problem to show the "Baseprice with Tax, but without discounts" in the product and category page. In the first picture you can see that there is a Span with class "price-crossed" that should display it. But the Div in it has class "vm-nodisplay" and of course it is not visible. Also the there are two Spans in that Div - first shows the label, and the secont should show the value of the price, but it contains nothing.
I've found the Span with the class "price-crossed" in the /components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/prices.php file (picture 2), but the sub Div with its contend is obviously generated from another file.
I saw some topics on that, but I don't think they offer correct solution. What I think should be done is to remove the "vm-nodisplay" class from the Div, and add the code that shows the value of the "Baseprice with Tax, but without discounts".
Unfortunately, I don't know which file and how it should be edited, that's why I'm asking for help. You can see the pricing settings in the backend in the third picture. As I said, the same is for the product page and category page. For the cart (picture 4) there is a Span with class "line-through" that should display that same price, but again it has no value. I guess another file have to be edited to add it there too.

Any help will be appreciated.

Joomla 3.9.22
VM 3.8.4

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ex3mist

Hello,
Thanks for the replay!
I did it as you show, but unfortunatelly there is no result (see the picture).
I don't set tax because I don't need it. And thats why I'm not showing tax amount, price without tax, etc. But anyway, when I make the setting as yours, you can see that this Span with "price-crossed" class is still inactive. Is there any setting that I'm missing? The crossed price is shown in your picture. This is important thing, I don't believe you've missed it...

jenkinhill

Quote from: ex3mist on October 17, 2020, 14:24:07 PM

I don't set tax because I don't need it. And thats why I'm not showing tax amount, price without tax, etc.

You must have a tax set to use the displa option with strikethru. Set tax to 0.000 and apply it to your products.

This is for an older VM version but still applies:  See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=145668.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ex3mist

Yes, you were right - it all worked when I set a tax. Even if it's 0%. Thanks!