News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

More user friendly Administrator template

Started by Kuubs, October 15, 2020, 09:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuubs

Hello,

I am using Virtuemart for quite some time now, but I think there is a lot to gain in the administrator template of the website. So I want to build an override for the template, but how do I make this into a package for everyone to download? Do I just need to get the ISIS administrator template and put the overrides in that template? Or is there a possibility to use some sort of plugin or component so that it can be used with every other template?

Jörgen

You can go with overrides, make a copy of Isis, I guess there is a Joomla guide to do this, and customize.

You could also make plugins, Studio42 has some great extensions You could look at.

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

GJC Web Design

Normally it would be a pack of over rides for the admin template /html folder

Stefan was also maintaining a VM admin template loaded by plugin here:  https://www.jooglies.com/virtuemart-templates/vm-admin-template
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Kuubs

Yeah I understand the overrides. But I think a plugin is more user friendly, because that way I can update it via the update manager and the overrides can be used with every other template, so when people have a custom template, they can use this override as well without any copying overrides folders etc. It's more user friendly that way.

pinochico

The plugin would definitely be better - just someone has to develop it: D

I'm not a lunatic who deeloping, because he enjoys it, I have to pay rent, electricity, food, licenses, hosting, domains, fellow developers, a dissatisfied wife and children ... :D

Many of our clients,
many people on the Joomla Forum,
many people on the VirtueMart Forum want a lot of things.
When it comes to payment they don't want anything.

I like this...
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Kuubs

Quote from: pinochico on October 15, 2020, 14:01:13 PM
The plugin would definitely be better - just someone has to develop it: D

I'm not a lunatic who deeloping, because he enjoys it, I have to pay rent, electricity, food, licenses, hosting, domains, fellow developers, a dissatisfied wife and children ... :D

Many of our clients,
many people on the Joomla Forum,
many people on the VirtueMart Forum want a lot of things.
When it comes to payment they don't want anything.

I like this...

I totally understand where you are coming from. Good thing I can develop this on my own and I want to invest my time in it because I think it is a good addition.. I can make the overrides, i'm currently designing, the only thing I need to know is how to package this into a plugin :)

Jörgen

Visit Joomla documentation pages, there are some good examples on how to make plugins, components and modules.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Kuubs

Quote from: Jörgen on October 15, 2020, 16:00:08 PM
Visit Joomla documentation pages, there are some good examples on how to make plugins, components and modules.

Well, this would be a virtuemart plugin right? For overrides, which isn't described somewhere

Jörgen

I guess You will have to make a SYSTEM plugin, MODULE or COMPONENT. Not a specific VMCUSTOM or similar plugin. My experience tells me that you will never cover this with one simple plugin.
You can of course use VM libraries check VM documentation. A VMplugin is often designed to interact with the FRONTEND. But a VMplugin is just a very slight variation of the common JOOMLA types.

https://docs.virtuemart.net/

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Kuubs

Quote from: Jörgen on October 15, 2020, 21:45:28 PM
I guess You will have to make a SYSTEM plugin, MODULE or COMPONENT. Not a specific VMCUSTOM or similar plugin. My experience tells me that you will never cover this with one simple plugin.
You can of course use VM libraries check VM documentation. A VMplugin is often designed to interact with the FRONTEND. But a VMplugin is just a very slight variation of the common JOOMLA types.

https://docs.virtuemart.net/

Thanks I'll probably just use the template overrides itself instead of making a plugin out of it.