News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How to activate html template email registration

Started by robifree, October 12, 2020, 13:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robifree

Hi,
I have some sites developed with VM3, and all of them send the registration email to the user in text format. I can't enable the HTML template.
At the time of user registration, I see that the register function present in the administrator \ components \ com_virtuemart \ models \ user.php file is used and an email is sent in text format.
To send an email in html format I created a custom plugin.
But without creating plugins, can I configure VM to use templates already present, as happens for the order confirmation which also contains the seller's logo?
I already see components \ com_virtuemart \ views \ user \ tmpl \ mail_html_reguser.php, but it doesn't seem to be active, even in new installations.
Can you help me?
Thanks a lot.

Roberto

Joomla 3.9.22 + VM 3.8.4

pinochico

QuoteI see that the register function present in the administrator \ components \ com_virtuemart \ models \ user.php file is used and an email is sent in text format.

Yep, I see too.

Before this change, the user registration email was sent from components \ com_virtuemart \ helpers \ shopfuntions and our use of HTML template in all case emails from application VirtueMart Mailing Manager.
Answer from VirtueMart DEV was - It's life, new version, we don't use trigger anymore, you must change self.

I like this info :)

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

robifree

Thanks for the reply.

I read that this was a security measure, but I did't get why there stil was the php file for the generation of the html file.
So is a custom plugin the only possible option to override the email template?

pinochico

QuoteSo is a custom plugin the only possible option to override the email template?

Maybe yes, but I don't know yet, we use on every shops VMM for email template and we need to add new function too for VM 3.8.4 :)
Reply and BC and BCC we use in VMM automatically.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

jenkinhill

I use HTML mail to send registration emails to the shopper and vendor simply by setting VM Configuration/Orders/Email  Order-mail format to use HTML mail.

I use overrides for mail_html_reguser.php and mail_html_regvendor.php to give my own mail layout.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

robifree

Hi Kelvyn, thanks for the reply.
I selected in VM settings HTML format, but the user's registration email always comes in text format.
Only e-mails sent after the order to the shopper arrive in HTML format.
I attach the screenshot of the VM control panel.

Currently using VM 3.8.4 on Joomla 3.9.22 PHP 7.3

jenkinhill

Yes, that config is the same as mine. I'm using VirtueMart 3.8.4 10335  - here is the email I get when using the default VM template instead of my override. I don't know what else could affect this.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum