News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Extend the tax rules we create from month to month

Started by sirius, October 05, 2020, 12:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirius

Hi all  :)

It would be really handy to have the option to extend the tax rules we create from month to month.
Indeed if I use a date range directly on the product to apply a discount, once the date has expired, the product changes to "Price on request", which does not suit me at all.

So I use the tax rules and apply the desired rule to the product concerned. That way once the date has expired, the price simply returns to normal.
But changing the dates of all the rules suddenly becomes very laborious when you manage a lot of promotions.

Even if I use phpmyadmin to go faster, it would be really useful to have an option which allows the dates to be carried over automatically to the next month, so on the rule setting page.
Something like "Repeat every month" or even with "Repeat X months" or "Repeat until month of: XX".

Thanks for advice, and what's your opinion on this ?
Perhaps some use other ways to do this ?
J3.10.12 | PHP 7.4.33 + APC + memcached + Opcode
VM Prod : 3.8.6 | VM Test : 4.0.12.10777

pinochico

Simply solutions:

1. Use: https://adidac.github.io/jmm/
2. Save your sql as template
3. Every month call your sql from admin.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

sirius

Thanks a lot  :)

will try this.

But this apart the option that I'm talking about should be implemented in VM IMHO
(you can't even change the dates via a calendar in the list of taxes page, which means you have to enter each edition.)

regards

jenkinhill

I don't creae a tax rule. I add a new (second) price for a product and select the dates to start and finish at that price. Note that you do have to save the new price before you can set the date range.  The new price will be displayed between those dates and then will revert to the normal price once the expiry date is passed.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sirius

Thanks jenkinhill,

good point, I could try this method too, but would be a huge work to update all the dates with lots of products with such date ranges.

jenkinhill

Data can be added directly into the ###_virtuemart_product_prices table in the database if necessary
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

pinochico

QuoteData can be added directly into the ###_virtuemart_product_prices table in the database if necessary

of course with jmm definitelly :)
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

sirius

Finally, the component I was looking for does exist.  ;D

VM Scheduled Discounts

QuoteVM Scheduled Discounts is very easy to use. You can set how much you want to discount a product or a whole category, either by percentage, relative amount or exact final price and have the discount published exactly when you want it, with a scheduled that can be set either within specific dates and times, or repeatedly at a weekly, monthly or yearly schedule!
Above all that, VM Scheduled Discounts is the only tool that gives you discounts on a schedule

pinochico

sirius

Quote from: pinochico on January 13, 2021, 22:15:19 PM
Only for all products without exceptions?
Hi pinochico
You think of which products which would not be supported exactly, under which context?
This apart you choose any products from your store yes. Not yet finished all my tests but it's very fine for now.

pinochico