News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Cart Module - Slide In Cart Sidebar - Product Images Not Showing

Started by SAWebCo, October 02, 2020, 11:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAWebCo

Hi team,

I have an issue with my website whereby the Virtuemart Cart Module - Slide In Cart Sidebar - is no longer showing the little product thumbnail images as it used to.

(see attached image)

I have tried reloading a products image but it had no effect.

I've cleared the cache etc etc and still no effect.

Using
VirtueMart 3.8.4 10335
Joomla! 3.9.21
PHP Version 7.3.22

Website Demo URL: http://www.cornerstonemedia.co.za

Please can someone assist?

Thanks in advance.

Jörgen

AFAIK showing thumbnail in cart is not standard VM behaviour. This is a feature of Your template, you may have a switch for this.
In VM configuration there is a switch under checkout that sais show thumbnails, but this controls behaviour in cart not minicart.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

SAWebCo

Thank you Jörgen

Is it possible I can fix it with editing the code in the template files and if so with what and where?

Kind regards,

Jörgen

Of course You can fix it in the code. But you have a custom template and this will need more time to investigate. But maybe someone else has an idea. I would talk to my template supplier about this first, if I did not have the knowledge to make the changes myself.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

SAWebCo

Hi Jorgen,

Thanks for your message.

Do you know the name of the template file (php etc) that would have the code for this module (Cart Module - Slide In Cart Sidebar) and where I can find it?

Kind regards,

jenkinhill

We can only help with actual VirtueMart issues, and as Jörgen has advised, this is an issue for your template supplier, the minicart you have a problem with is a non-standard module.

But it's Joomla so you could check in you Joomla module list (Extensions/Modules) for that module to see if it has configuration options. To check/edit the module code ftp into the site and look in the modules directory (or use cPanel's File Manager if you can't use ftp).

I'd guess that if the thumbs vanished after a site software update that the template/module code needs updating as well.

See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=108212.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

SAWebCo

Hi all,

Thanks Jenkinhill for your input.

Having run a few tests on a fresh install of the template I see that everything works perfectly on Joomla 3.9.21, VirtueMart 3.8.2 10325.

It breaks when I update Virtuemart to the latest 'VirtueMart 3.8.4 10335'

Is it possible to roll back my live site Virtuemart version to 3.8.2 and if so, how?

At least that way, my cart functions properly again.

Kind regards,