News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Cloning product: auto or semi-auto process?

Started by Mister Paul, August 25, 2020, 19:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Paul

Hi,

I'd need to clone a product every week and change "only" 3 of it's parameters:
- Date Publish Up (+7 days)
- Date Publish Down (+7 days)
- Alias (to avoid extra long alias name, at the end of the alias name, keep only the Id of the last cloned product...)

Is there a way to do that in an auto or semi-auto mode?
Is there an already existing PHP code for cloning that I could use as a base code for a CRON task?
::)

Thanks for your help!
PAul

pinochico

QuoteIs there an already existing PHP code for cloning that I could use as a base code for a CRON task?

No
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

pinochico

Quotef you have already created a cron job in your panel, you can view it by running crontab -e under your Shell user. If you edit the file to add another cron job below the existing panel one, the panel cron job will continue to function normally in addition to your new edited code.

I don't understand - why you are talking about how to set up cron?

The question is about PHP code == create custom php code and this code calling by cron.
The question is not how setup cron, or is my mistake?
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation