News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

New Eway Payment IPN loaded multiple times

Started by theictshak, September 24, 2020, 02:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theictshak

Hi
I have an issue with a IPN for an eway payment being hit multiple times and therefore changing the order status to confirmed. (this is using the new native Eway Payment Gateway in virtuemart)
I read in the forum that it could be a bot hitting this url.

Can someone advise,
1. What would be the url for the IPN
2. How I can block access to the url (stop the order status being randomly changed)

It is being triggered for this specific order 2 - 3 times a day, and the purcherser is getting the notification emails each time.

Joomla 3.9.20 VirtueMart 3.8.4 10335

Many Thanks
Margaret

Jörgen

The construct of the ipn is done to prevent random access to change the status. This should be an issue with your website not giving the right responsen and rest continues to send updates. Are there status changes or just One typer of ipn, confirmed ? Is this a One time issue or are more customers affected?
Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

theictshak

Thanks for your reply.
We have had about three if these since we changed to the new eway payment processor, out of around 60 orrders, so it is fairly random.
It looks like the status is being changed back to confirmed fro completed, or changed to confirmed from confirmed.
There are a lot of entries showing the status changes and dates and times, as attaached.
And there are related entries in the payment section of the order. the first one when payemnt is made has a TransparentRedirect request, the rest are queryTransaction requests.
Screen shots as attached.
Cheers
Margaret

Jörgen

They all have the SAME transaction ID, the same transaction is done over and over again. I do not see any on off bevaviour. Your site does not tell Eway that this was accepted by your website. So they will try again and again ...

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

theictshak

It is a fairly busy site and and it has only happened with 3 orders all from a week time-frame.
There is only one order that continues to do this.
Why is this happening with this particular order and how do we fix it.

Thanks

Jörgen

Without knowing, I guess the IPN notice has to make a change in the order status to receive a OK status. If that is the case You could change the status to Pending and the next IPN would be the last.
If that works, there is a quirk in the eway payment routine that needs attention.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

theictshak

Thanks
We will do that and let you know the result.
Cheers
Margaret