News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Charset correction in mail header

Started by funny-rabbit, September 12, 2020, 19:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funny-rabbit

does anybody know how to correct the &38; Charset display error in the mails subject?

The & character is displayed in html short-code and this I want to change

What I assume is that the charset has to set to UTF-8?
Leaning Virtuemart and Joomla
Config: Joomla 3.9.21 - VM 3.8.5 - PHP 7.4

pinochico

Google Search - html entities, UTF-8

What io you find before created this post?
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

funny-rabbit

I found a meta tag that encodes the characters with the utf-8 charset. but I don't know where to put that meta tag. does it have to go into the PHP mailer function of Joomla, someone said VirtueMart uses the Joomla mailer function.  >:(

funny-rabbit

forgot to say that the problem occurs in smartphone mail program. here is a screenshot of what it looks like.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XC3kz5IBKrNjiNDbpdkrlb6wsuVqDeqq/view?usp=sharing

pinochico

And what is this?:

R&S Beleuchtung

Where is comming?

Is name of product, name of status order, name of shop?

I think you must edit php for subject from VirtueMart mail sending, but I don't know where is exatly (i have to analyse and find):
1. We use VirtueMart mailing Manager for emails about orders
2. We don't use "&" in eshop name, orders status name, ...
3. If we use the char "&" in product name, then we are use html entities in admin for input before save, because name of product is used next in a lot of places in VirtueMart eshop.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

funny-rabbit

it's name of shop.

do you know where the subject is located in the PHP file or charset definition has to be changed to utf-8? it can't be hard-coded? because subject has to be variable

GJC Web Design

$subject = (isset($view->subject)) ? $view->subject : vmText::_( 'COM_VIRTUEMART_DEFAULT_MESSAGE_SUBJECT' );

components\com_virtuemart\helpers\shopfunctionsf.php - line 814
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

funny-rabbit

people remain healthy. it's too hot to work today. I will look into your help tomorrow. what I'm looking for is where the mail function is and where the encoding format is that encodes special chars in the mail. in thunderbird no problem problem is in the smartphone mail program.