News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Send an email to selected Shoppers from Product page in Backend?

Started by Mister Paul, September 01, 2020, 16:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Paul

Hi,

I'd need some explanation how things work about this behavior:
sending email to Shoppers from backend Product page, in "Product status" tab.

I thought that Virtuemart was sending emails to filtered Shoppers (= shoppers with the selected 'Status of ordered products' )

But for what I saw, to be able to send an email, I'd need to select ALL status to get all the shoppers involved with this product. And then the email can be sent.
If not (= with just 1 status selected. For instance « Cancelled ») Virtuemart doesn't send email...

It's the way it behaves?

Thanks for your help
PAul

Mister Paul

I am not sure to have been clear...
So I attached a screenshot of the page from where I could send email to shoppers.

For me if not all the statuts are selected, Virtuemart doesn't send any email, even if the list of shoppers displayed for the status is correct...
I mean that's it's just the email sending that seems buggy (?).

pinochico

I think (not sure) this email is only for customer from ask about product

But first check your setup for statuses (for which status you have setup send email to customer)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Mister Paul

no, no: you write the email that you send directly from this backend user interface. You communicate to shoppers.

For what I have seen:
- the email is sent « only » if all status are selected.
- the email is not sent if at least one status is unchecked (even if no shoppers belong to this status).

But as there is a bug for the filtering*, I am wondering if there's not a bug also for the email feature...

*(if you click on « Select all » options, you get also « Select some options » in the filtering parameters - see screenshot - And you need to remove this parameter to make the filtering work)

Jörgen

Quote from: Mister Paul on September 02, 2020, 13:28:06 PM
But as there is a bug for the filtering*, I am wondering if there's not a bug also for the email feature...

*(if you click on « Select all » options, you get also « Select some options » in the filtering parameters - see screenshot - And you need to remove this parameter to make the filtering work)

AFAIK this has been taken care of. About Your other problem I do not know.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Mister Paul

Thanks Jörgen. I'll see when I'll update my VirtueMart 3.4.2 to the last version.

So I'm still looking for explanation about the email sending: buggy or something that I haven't understood?
If someone knows...

jenkinhill

My understanding is that the Send an email to Shoppers on the Product Status page is to send a notification to those shoppers who have asked to be informed when a product is back in stock.  This is related to "Displays 'Notify Me' instead of 'Add To Cart' button " for config/Shopfront/Action when a Product is Out of Stock.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Mister Paul

When I tried this function, it was sent to all the shoppers that had been in the order process. (I haven't played with stock and asked for notification).

And this function seems to be used for a usefull application in terms of communication.
Like if you had a special message just for some specific kind of shoppers.
For instance just for those that had Denied and Refunded orders. Or just for those with Shipped orders but not for the other ones.
But now everyone is added. It seems to be a bug...

Jörgen

I would not see it as a bug, more of an undocumented and unfinished feature.  ;) Maybe someone has a corrected code to share ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

I agree, Jörgen, it's not a bug but something that was started and never finished, and not something I have ever wanted to use. ISTR this was discussed some time ago and I think was available in VM1 - but that could be my memory malfunctioning again.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

loppan

I agree that this feature looks unfinished, but Acymailing with the mass action filters and vm plugins already does this with full precision 8). So as usual, I'd prefer that the VM team focus on stability and maybe optimizations instead of adding features that are already easily accessible out there.

Just my 2 cents :D.

Cheers

Peter

pinochico

QuoteI'd prefer that the VM team focus on stability and maybe optimizations instead of adding features that are already easily accessible out there.

I'd don't prefer. I don't want to use, because I need all history in email comunication (the ansver from customer). Without this is only half features == better nothing than this.
If you need, then use acymailing, is great for this.
And you don't need this old features from VM 1.19
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

loppan

Quote from: pinochico on September 04, 2020, 10:57:03 AM
I'd don't prefer. I don't want to use, because I need all history in email comunication (the ansver from customer). Without this is only half features == better nothing than this.
If you need, then use acymailing, is great for this.
And you don't need this old features from VM 1.19

...which is exactly what I meant, maybe I should have added core-stability and core-optimizations. Instead of improving features that there are already fantastic and well integrated solutions available for.

But again, just my 2 cents  8).