News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM sending mails / updating state several times?

Started by melsonmarketing, September 01, 2020, 13:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melsonmarketing

Hi!

I have a problem on a site:

JOOMLA 3.9.21
VirtueMart 3.8.4 10335

The mails are configured to be sent:

- confirmed by customer
- confirmed

Works so far.

Since the last update in some cases (we didn't find a logic), the state is automatically updated sending mails again...

See attached screenshot. The order is from sunday, a mail was sent to both the customer and the shop-owner.

Then the state has been updated seven times on monday without touching the order at all.

What can this be?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

pinochico

I don't know, because melsonmarketing don't send all info (maybe this information is secret or he doesn't know why he should send it)

Now he knows - he won't get the right answer and next time he'll think about what information to write - it will be a lesson for the future :) (I hope)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Jörgen

I guess it is a custom built PayPal that seems to have issues, but as You say who knows?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

melsonmarketing

@pinochico : Wow what a pissed answer, thank you! Is this the new style to communicate in the forum?

Yes, the PayPalPlus Plugin is in use. I didn't realize it could be payment-related as I thought once confirmed it should be done.

I'll contact the developer, knowing the tone will be more polite.

Cheers and thanks anyhow for pushing me into the right direction.

pinochico

to melsonmarketing:

Why pissed? No, I think is no new style :)

We have such a proverb / saying in the Czech Republic (my grandmother used to tell it to me when I was little): As the forest is called, so it is called from the forest

This will probably be about: what is the question quality, that is the answer quality
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Jörgen

Something is missing, what resets the ststus to Pending ? Are You manually doing this ?

The status comment not look like it is the standard PayPal payment method.

Please gentlemen, even though Rudolfs reply was a bit ironic it did not really deserve the harsh reply from melsonmarketing. I understand that answering posts with incomplete input time after time is not very funny. But please the people who help out in the forum are doing this on their own free time to support a free product. This is not a commercial support forum. I guess that melsonmarketing has clients, do You give them free software and free support ? If You do then You have very lucky clients, I hope they appreciate that.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

melsonmarketing

Thanks.

I checked and found out that there has been an update for the PayPal Plus SSC Plugin, that is used on this site. After installing it, the bug seems to be fixed. Just in case someone else stumbles upon this post and it might help.

Coming back to my "harsh" reply I'd like to say that a text like

"Now he knows - he won't get the right answer and next time he'll think about what information to write - it will be a lesson for the future"

doesn't sound very polite even decorated with a smiley (and I am definitely not squeamish).

I really thought that I had the most relevant infos in place and described the problem short - I apologize for not writing in prose.

Not having several hundred posts on this forum doesn't mean, that I'm a beginner. I'm Joomler from the beginning earning my money with and around JOOMLA! since 2006. Yes Jörgen, I have customers and yes, they pay me and appreciate my work anyhow.

And yes, I know that the support here is done by yolunteers. Btw I am active as a volunteer in some JOOMLA! forums too, helping colleagues and newbees to gain their knowledge and skills...

Cheers and have a good one!

AH

Thank you for getting back to the forum regarding your resolution.  :)

Regarding other aspects of this thread and your response:-

Maybe it is a translation issue:

It is often said in a simpler way - Please provide more information regarding ....."

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0