News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

child products stock

Started by positronio, September 01, 2020, 10:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

positronio

Hello, can you please add an option in"Action when a Product is Out of Stock" in virtuemart configuration that when all child products stock is 0 (stock - booked ordered =0)
then the parent product also stock 0??
I think the option "Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock" is useless because if someone uses this and all products become out of stock then the product site will be blank.
Thank you.

pinochico

QuoteI think the option "Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock" is useless because if someone uses this and all products become out of stock then the product site will be blank.

You think wrong.
My clients need visible parents products, if all child products is out of stock.

Thank You.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

positronio

this is what exactly i'm saying! I want when all childs are out of stock, the parent to be present and not disappered. Then automatically the parent product should say with a badge 'out of stock'.

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

pinochico

Quotethis is what exactly i'm saying! I want when all childs are out of stock, the parent to be present and not disappered

Is normal function for me

QuoteThen automatically the parent product should say with a badge 'out of stock'.

Is not core function, but we use plugin Labels and product in stock has label In Stock.
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

positronio

i'm sorry pinochico but i don't understand your comment at all.
This "Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock" is virtuemart action. Do you understand what its usage is for?

positronio

does anyone please can tell me the file in virtuemart that handles this option.
"Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock". I use virtuemart 3.8.4 version.
Thank you in advance!!!

pinochico

No,

but I can learn how do you find them (I think this must be first knowledge, even if you are not a PHP developer or programmer - I'm not developer).

1. Go in administration VM, where is this checkbox
2. Find in html code by Inspect Element this element
3. Go in FTP, run terminal and find this element by linux command - grep
4. Check all occurrences in FTP in all files

pinochico

pinochico

So I don't know/understund  what do you want, but all occurrences are there:

components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/customfield.php
components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/snippets.php
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/product.php
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/config/tmpl/default_shopfront.php
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/product/tmpl/product_edit_status.php
administrator/templates/vmadmin/vmadmin/html/com_virtuemart/config/default_shopfront.php
administrator/templates/vmadmin/vmadmin/html/com_virtuemart/product/product_edit_status.php

Now you can change all codes about your checkbox :)