News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

products

Started by alinamn, August 28, 2020, 10:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alinamn

Hi,
I just installed VirtueMart on my site and I have some problems.
I have 3 products and a product that I can not get rid of. It seems that it's the parent of the other three.
Product name comes as "Translation missing for virtuemart_product_id" and 4 Children, but when I click on it there's no product name; I can't delete it or if I add a name it becomes a new product and the "0" one stays. Please help!
Thanks

Jörgen

Using multiple languages ?
Using what versions ?
Have You created child products ?
Check that You have the correct nr of translations in the database.
You can also check that no product uses a parentid that does not exist, You find this in product details in back end.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

alinamn

Using multiple languages ?
My shop is in French and I have French on multilanguage

Using what versions ? VM 3.8.4
Have You created child products ? I tried not to, but this wierd product entry seems to be the parent of my 3 real products, but there's nothing in it when I click on it.

Check that You have the correct nr of translations in the database. How do I check that?

You can also check that no product uses a parentid that does not exist, You find this in product details in back end.
Will try to find that

Thanks

GJC Web Design

a live link to show this would make answering so much easier
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

alinamn

Hi. Here's the attachment. There are 3 real products and 1 strange one that claims to be the parent and I can't get rid of
In the second attachment you can see the inside of the strange one. There's no information.
Thanks

Jörgen

This product You are showing does it have productid = 0 ?

I guess this is totally WRONG, the whole parent child construct uses the fact that product id 0 is unused. Because all product that are not children have a parent id == 0.

In Your case all products are referring to your product with product id == 0, including the same product, this will give a circular reference without end.

Delete this product that has the id == 0. If not possible go into PhpMyAdmin and delete it there.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

alinamn

Yes, it's id0 and I can't get rid of it. I'll go to myphpadmin. Thanks!

Jörgen

I have the feeling that we had a similar issue some time ago, do not know how it turned out though.
Please tell us how it went. I think the files you should look at are virtuemart_products, and langage derivates of these, also virtuemart_prices could be interesting.
In fact check all the other product files to see if there are any references to product id 0.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

alinamn

Would it be a good idea to uninstall VirtueMart and install again? Now I know how to create products by cloning and since I don't have too much, maybe it's easier to restart the process. What do you think?

Jörgen

You do not have to uninstall virtuemart, but i think there is an option in virtuemart tools that clears the VM database.
But finding the product with id == 0 and deleting it is a very easy task.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

alinamn

The product with the 0 id is the one that is not really a product and I can't delete it. That's my problem.

Jörgen

Have You really checked in the database ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

alinamn

No, not yet. I don't remember my password. I need the help of my host.

alinamn

I'm still waiting for my host to help me. But I have two more questions.
1. How do I remove the extra padding from around my logo (please see attached)
2. I put some copy in one of my products. Should that appear in the product details? Do I need to create a link for that?
Many thanks.

pinochico

Hi alinman,

if you need created new eshop, maybe you need hire some developer, not ask a lot of question on forum :)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products