News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

multivariant - ramification

Started by Parchita, August 24, 2020, 12:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parchita

I want to make a product without surcharge prices because there are a lot of options to choose.

Now I have created a product and add custom fields (multivariant, labels, ramifications,.. ), see attached file. In total there are 249 childs of this product.

In the frontend I only can choose 10 colors (kleuren): http://test.biothaan.be/halsbanden/HVNA2516ZWA-detail

What am I doing wrong?

Jörgen

You can only see the amount of colours You have assigned to Your children. I do not think 249 children can cover ALL combinations.  It should be 25x5X3 = 375 children.
Have You set up children with the right custom fields ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Parchita

thanks for the quick reply.

You are wright. There could be more childs. But some combinations aren't possible, so I didn't made that child.

As you can see in the attached image, those combinations aren't possible to make in the front end.
I think there is somewhere a limit...

Jörgen

Have You assigned more than 10 colors to any given kombination ?
Check for any hidden characters in the color list perhaps ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Parchita

I can't find any hidden characters in the colours list.

In attached file you can see all the childs (colour combinations) I have made.

Parchita

Something strange I can see is...

I ordered the colours alphabetically in excel, and copied it back into the label field. You would think that this changes something in the frontend, but no...   :(
(I deleted the cache and did made a hard reload in the browser)

Parchita

I did try several things..  I can't say which one gave the solution...  but it's solved..

StefanSTS

There is a hidden configuration for the maximum number of children to one parent.

maxChilds

The default value is 80.
It can be set in
/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.cfg

But be aware that there is a reason to have this max value. Check your page load time and your server load if you set this higher.
If your problem is solved, you might have less than 80 direct child elements per parent?

Regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.