News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

virtuemart mobile menu

Started by 2cool, August 06, 2020, 11:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2cool

Hi,
How can I create a nice mobile menu with all published virtuemart catagories?
Did try some plugins but don't work as I want.
I have some regular joomla menu's + 1 virtuemart
This virtuemart should display main catagories with a accordian for sub catagories.
For the mobile menu it should use the same.
Any suggestions for a nice solution???

Regards,
Pas

stargazer1682

Can you elaborate what you're looking for exactly?  Are you looking for some type of virtuemart specific menu extension?  Any details you could provide on how you want this new menu to be integrated could help better understand what you're looking for.

I've had largely good luck with the Joomla menu module extension, Maximenu CK.  The free version is relatively easy to customize; and there's a mobile plugin that can be added to it to offer adjustable responsive settings.

This is their link https://www.joomlack.fr/en/joomla-extensions/maximenu-ck

2cool

Thanks I'll try to explain more...

I have this for my menu as vertical menu in left side position:
- home - categorie blog
- products - virtuemart with complete structured products and subcatagories nextend plugin
- about us - joomla pages
- service - joomla pages

Using virtueplanet template with offcanvas (mobile) menu option I want to use the same menus.
But the virtuemart does not show the structure (no subcatagories are shown)

Did try mobilemenu CK, but this also couldn't show the virtuemart structure in dropdown or accordion menu in mobile menu.

I want to keep thinks as simple as possible and don't want to rebuild the virtuemart structure again as joomla menu ;)

Was thinking maybe to create a new menu for mobile and use menu item aliases to orginal menu but this is also not working.

Using lastest versions of Joomla and virtuemart.

Hope someone has good experiences to get a nice an structured mobile menu with joomla and virtuemart.

Thanks in advance,
Pas

stargazer1682

It sounds like you want a sub-menu items for either each product under a certain category, or each sub-category under a category with the category as the parent menu item; is that right?  I'm not aware of any menu extensions that automatically generate sub-menu items (though I could be mistaken.  And for that matter, that might not even be what you're looking for)

Assuming that's your question, that sort of parent/child menu structure, at least to my knowledge, has to be built manually, creating in each individual menu item you want to appear in a menu; and for any menu item you want to appear as a sub-menu item, assigning it to the parent menu item.

pinochico

Quotehttps://www.joomlack.fr/en/joomla-extensions/maximenu-ck

A lot of JS and then eshop is very slow...
I don't use them..

Better is menu from Patrick (fr eshop), but must be optimize and fix sume bugs...
Then is quick a ok.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

2cool

Main questions are;
- will this automatically generate a menu of virtuemart categories in combination with joomla menu items?
- does this generate a mobile menu the same way?

Regards,
Pas

Studio 42

Quote from: pinochico on August 07, 2020, 14:32:39 PM
Better is menu from Patrick (fr eshop), but must be optimize and fix sume bugs...
Then is quick a ok.
You mean my category module ? Because i had no bug report from users.
Of course you have to adapt it depending the template, in some cases

pinochico

To Patrick:
QuoteOf course you have to adapt it depending the template, in some cases

Exactly :)
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

2cool

Already tried mobilemenu to get a nice mobile menu of the vertical menus in left position.
This works for joomla menu items but doesn't create a virtuemart menu based on categories.

Does this work with your site?

Regards,
Pas

Jörgen

Quote from: pinochico on August 07, 2020, 14:32:39 PM
Then is quick a ok.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

pinochico

QuoteDoes this work with your site?

Then is quick a ok.

www.kolo-park.cz
www.svicky.biz

is enought info or do you send the same question again and again? :)

2cool

I already have accordeonmenu + mobilemenu
It would be more helpfull to hear what problems you have had and how this was solved.
Also not clear if it generates a menu based on virtuemart catagories in accordeon and mobile menu.
And last question, does this also work for multilanguage sites.

Regards,
Pas

Studio 42

Quote from: 2cool on August 12, 2020, 12:40:02 PM
I already have accordeonmenu + mobilemenu
It would be more helpfull to hear what problems you have had and how this was solved.
Also not clear if it generates a menu based on virtuemart catagories in accordeon and mobile menu.
And last question, does this also work for multilanguage sites.

Regards,
Pas

If you speak about my module. See https://pro.st42.fr/en/taxonomy
About multilanguage, yes it use fallback.
You must know that it's really faster then Vm original one (from 3X to 50X depending the tree size), i have do test more then 4 hours to find the best way to optimize the category tree.
You can buy it here https://shop.st42.fr/en/categories-tools/virtuemart-categories-menu.htm

2cool

No, both are CK extentions as mentioned in earlier posts.

Studio 42

Quote from: 2cool on August 12, 2020, 17:54:14 PM
No, both are CK extentions as mentioned in earlier posts.
If you read, they said he dont use Ck anymore because bad optimisation. But if you want use menu CK, you have to enable the Virtuemart plugin for Maximenu CK.
I dont use it too, because this can be a real nightmare. Very configurable but complex for nothing, if you dont need all the options.