Cart won't allow customers to fill in their name or address(bill to information)

Started by mjweb, August 03, 2020, 19:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjweb

I've searched and can't find what the heck went wrong last week, has been working for a year or more. They can add to cart, go to checkout, it shows the item being purchased and there is a spot for your credit card info etc however the address does't have the text boxes there anymore to fill in...  thanks for any info  joomla 3.9.20

Jörgen

VM version ?

What have you changed ?
PHP version ?
Joomla version ?
VM version ?

Added a Joomla or VM extension ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

mjweb

Thanks for the reply. No one admits to changing anything here, it was working as usual in the morning but by lunch customers started calling it wasn't. The business who hosts it had some issues with emails etc so maybe they did something they are not saying. It says VirtueMart 3.8.4 10335 joomla 3.9.20  It just won't let the customer enter their name/billing address. The credit card is waiting for it to be entered as well as the comment box.  All the fields are there but there is no space next to each field to fill in anymore. Just hoping it is a small fix, maybe a box got checked off that shouldn't have or something.  Attaching a screenshot.  Thanks for any help!

Jörgen

Check console for js error. Try switching of the third party OPC. This may also be a result of host updating something PHP for example, hard to tell. Some js compression perhaps?
Cache settings ? Cache should be conservative, not progressive.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

mjweb

how to switch off third party OPC?  one page checkout is not enabled, nor is ajax for OPC, thank you Jorgen

pinochico

And how to enable OPC? :)
I think you must use reverse process for enable.

Do you know your eshop or not?

P.S.
If you use third party extension, why do you not send question to forum for this extension?
The problem is not in VM, but in OPC if you use.

I don't understand why my mind working different :(
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

mjweb

I am new to this, it is not a very simple thing to manage :) I don't know if it is a VM or Joomla problem or what. I had hoped someone just accidently checked off something as the rest of the site seems to be OK. The person who set it up no longer works here so that is why I need to come to a forum to ask questions, and luckily get some help :)

jenkinhill

The screenshot you show is not showing the default VirtueMart template, so either your Joomla template has an OPC built-in or you are using a one page checkout plugin or component to extend VirtueMart. This won't show in VirtueMart configuration.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

GJC Web Design

The OPC checkout normally is a plugin or a component that you can disable and it will then revert to the standard VM checkout so u can check this works.

Its hard to tell from the screenshot what checkout u are using but I have seen a number of sites using CSMart One Page Check Out that have failed with recent VM updates

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

mjweb

Thank you CjG i will see if i can figure that out :)

mjweb

If I am unable to figure this out, are there people on here for hire to fix things? We'd also like to get paypal going and I know that is beyond what I can do right now, thanks for any info

Jörgen

GJC, studio42 or Milbo are some of the available developers that you could send a pm.

best regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

mjweb

Thank you very much. I got a very ugly workaround right at the moment with the suggestion above so will need to contact someone for assistance I'm sure. Thanks folks!