News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Price depending on country

Started by alexfize, August 01, 2020, 14:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexfize

Hello, any ideas how i can setup different prices depending on the location of the website visitor?

I have GeoLocator for Joomla and VM-Localise plugin installed and i use them to automaticaly fill the visitor currency based on IP.
But i need to go a little further and setup different prices depending on the country.

For example, for the same product:

Visitor from Belgium price: 10 eur
Visitor from Spain price: 9 eur

I was thinking about setting up different prices based on Shopper Groups but seems i cant create a group by location or ip address.

Any idea are most than welcome

Thanks

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

diri

Yep, it's legal. There are multiple manufacturers with different RRPs per country.

I.e. Germany currently has VAT 16% (normally 19% which is base for current RRPs), Austria 21% (?), Switzerland, ....

It's not really funny to see how many systems break due to temporary change of VAT in Germany.

jjk

Are you selling intangible goods? For selling physical goods you wouldn't need it, because you have to charge the german VAT regardless of the customer's EU-country.
I assume using the VM Geolocator and VM Localise extensions plus country-specific VAT rules would do the job.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

pinochico

QuoteHello, any ideas how i can setup different prices depending on the location of the website visitor?

If you are registered for tax only in your home country, no matter where the buyer is from, your VAT will always be the same (regardless of the buyer's country).

Read more information here, maybe it will help you:
https://www.rupostel.com/one-page-checkout-component/features/eu-vat-and-mini-one-stop-shop-tax-system-for-virtuemart-moss

We use it on many e-shops with VirtueMart.
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

pinochico

Diri:

QuoteIt's not really funny to see how many systems break due to temporary change of VAT in Germany.

I don't know what systems are breaking, but I don't see any breaks in VirtueMart.

alexfize

Yes, it's legal, you can have different prices based on country. In EU, what i think is that is not legal is to deny a customer the right to buy. You can charge any price and apply any shipping or extra tax, but as long as that customer is willing to pay the taxes you must deliver.

I am still waitting for an answer to my initial question, is it possible to setup diferrent prices based on customer location / ip? Is there any way i can create a customer group based on country?

pinochico

You don't read my link, isn't it? :D

O think all info (about GEO IP too) you find them.

Jumbo!

Quote from: alexfize on August 02, 2020, 21:34:55 PM
Yes, it's legal, you can have different prices based on country. In EU, what i think is that is not legal is to deny a customer the right to buy. You can charge any price and apply any shipping or extra tax, but as long as that customer is willing to pay the taxes you must deliver.

I am still waitting for an answer to my initial question, is it possible to setup diferrent prices based on customer location / ip? Is there any way i can create a customer group based on country?

It is not possible with standard VirtueMart. We can develop a custom plugin which can automatically set Shopper Group based on Customer Country using Geo IP location. Then you can maintain different product prices for each shopper groups. If interested you can contact us - https://www.virtueplanet.com/contact-us

pinochico

QuoteWe can develop a custom plugin which can automatically set Shopper Group based on Customer Country using Geo IP location.

No need to develop another new plugin at all, if it already exists (see attachment)...

I've already sent a link to an extension that contains it:
https://www.rupostel.com

diri

Quote from: pinochico on August 02, 2020, 16:02:42 PM
Diri:

QuoteIt's not really funny to see how many systems break due to temporary change of VAT in Germany.

I don't know what systems are breaking, but I don't see any breaks in VirtueMart.

On a german shop change system date to some date in 2021. Reprint invoices from some date in i.e. 2019 or first half of 2020 and second half of 2020.

You can try very same with a shop located somewhere in EU (not Germany) offering and selling downloadable products to german customers.

btw:
With downloadable products not IP of buyer is the factor deciding about VAT. It's billing address. I could sit and order (download) something beside you at your home but, billing address in Germany -> german VAT.

Edit:
There's a funny area in Europe where you can test your system live - the socalled 'three country corner' (France, Switzerland, Germany). Take a mobile and start buying a downloadable product while using a german provider. Move but stay in Germany. Your mobile might change connection to a swiss and / or french provider - your IP changes as well. Check out product and download it.

cu, diri

Jörgen

@diri
I understand the dilemma with VAT rules. Calling the vat Rule Vat21% instead of VATgermany makes it a bit more futureproof and should not break with percent changes :)

Just my 2 cents

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

diri

@Jörgen:

You know how to handle such a situation, many other people know it as well. Casual user doesn't know it (I see it at my customer base) ... :(

Problem is automatic switch of factor in dependancy of date.

Real future proof systems are able to change VAT "on the fly" but do their "book keeping" correct. Even when it's something like a cashbook only.  Even when program offers such things - touching settings in this relation is not the taste of many people.

I don't know any not-PC based cash register being able to perform the change automatic. Manual action is required. With PC based cash registers it should be possible in automatic mode. Biggest problem with such temporary changes are RRPs - they are based on "normal" VAT rate (19% in Germany).

btw:
I hope VAT21% will be a joke for VATgermany ...  8)

cu, diri