News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Virtuemart Multi image upload not adding images

Started by Megan3487, July 29, 2020, 05:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan3487

I wanted to put this here for anyone with a similar issue, Virtuemart Multi Image Uploader doesn't save images to the product.

This is caused by a new table column called 'has_medias'.

/plugins/system/virtuemart_multiupload/ajax/process.php

// New query to update VM Medias table
    $query = $db->getQuery(true);
    $query->update('#__virtuemart_products')
        ->set('has_medias = 1')
        ->where('virtuemart_product_id = ' . (int) $virtuemart_product_id);

$db->setQuery($query);
    $result = $db->execute();

if ($db->getErrorNum())
    {
        $json['error'] = JText::sprintf('Error setting has_medias on #__virtuemart_virtuemart_products', $db->getErrorNum(), $db->getErrorMsg()).'<br />';
        return false;
    }
    // End new Query

This is mainly just an FYI for others. The above code needs to be added. To the end of the main function with query updates. VM adds in a new has_medias column and therefor on new products the multi-added images are not shown until has_media is set to 1.

NJMCDirect

jenkinhill

The Virtuemart Multi Image Upload plugin by cmsmart has not been updated for more than a year.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Studio 42

HI,
Thanks for report.
The problem is that the table changes are not grouped, so if you do a plugin, you have no informations.
I have another problem to fix, now VM seems to have has_category column, but i dont know for now, the exact release about all this changes.
Same for new category child update.
If someone have all information about table changes easy to find, i thank you.
Problem is to easy check the release to know if i work with the new fields or not, because this informations are not grouped in one page with the VM version.