Children products to be shown nested in Products List (BE)

Started by juanvilchez, July 30, 2020, 15:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juanvilchez

When you have lots of children products (or variants), like me, the Product list becomes a mess.

It would make more sense to be able to see them in the list as nested items of the father product. Now, you see them ordered by other features.

If someone manages to get this feature up and running, a bounty of 30€ via Paypal is waiting for him.

And also, if the main development team considers this feature stable, reliable and useful for other VM users as well, the code will be shared to be included in base VM.
VM 3.8.8 (10472)
Joomla 3.10.9
PHP 7.3.25

ermes

I also suggested this a while ago. But someone told me there was no need. that there are 3th parts components to do this. I'm with you. And I would add that there is a need for better handling of variants by size and color.

My two cents

pinochico

You can show only parents products (attachment)

But my customers (administrators) don't want your solutions.
They want see all products in one list, want search, filtering, ordering, all in existing view.
(we have eshops with a lot of products - from 200-200 000).

If you need you can create your custom view as override inside admin template (isis).
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products