News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

SOLVED: How to remove Notify Button in override files?

Started by wendij22, July 22, 2020, 18:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wendij22

Joomla 3.9.20
VirtueMart 3.8.4 10335
PHP 7.4.7

Hello,

For 1 category with a few products, I want the products to have no addtocard button or notify button at all. In other words, I want to go "catalog" only.

What I have done so far, is set the product sitting in the category I want to use for "catalog only" to £0 and 0 in stock. So, apart from description and some basics, like the manufacturer, etc, the "Notify Button" is the only button left. I want that to go.

Then I made a copy of the used template and for the overrides.

First I tried to follow advice and hide the "AddtoCard" php coding. (I must admit that my PHP is pretty rusty and basic), and it didn't work.

Then I thought, since I can put the product setting on "0" and have a "notify me" button, perhaps I can hide the "Notify me" button, and that is the problem solved as well. But, for some reason I cannot seem to find the right files to do this.

Would someone be so kind to direct me to the right override files where I can hide the "Notify Me" button (and Link <a></a> of course)?

I thank you all in advance for your kind help.

Kindest regards,

Wendy

jjk

You can achieve that with customized 'sublayouts' for the category and product views. I'm sure you can find some 'how to' tips here in the forum.
Perhaps this one helps: https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=136494.msg476929#msg476929 (line numbers of the relevant code probably has changed in newer VM versions)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

wendij22

Hello jjk,

Many thanks for your kind help! I already went through pretty much half the forum to get a good answer, until it came into my brain I had not put the menu item I had made (that is attached to the category in question) was ticked in the copied template! Of course it doesn't work if the category is still operating from the original template.

So, it does work now. All I have to do it, is tidy up the product and make it more attractive, and then start putting the other products in the category.

Thank you so much again.