News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product weight not calculated

Started by pellegrinoL, July 21, 2020, 09:46:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pellegrinoL

Hi,

I have a store with Joomla 3.8.13 and VM 3.4.3 10005

since few days i am having a problem, for some items the weight in the cart is not calculated (even if the in the product tab is indicated).  If I temporary change the product category, all come back to work properly. 

Thanks

Jörgen

Sounds like a problem with a to old VM version, extension or PHP version. Try to update VM in a backup.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

pellegrinoL

Thanks for your answer.

I have tried different PHP versions and Updated VM to 3.4.5.10063 and the problem still persit..

Really strange.

jenkinhill

Have you updated your Joomla yet? Current version is 3.9.20  - some people have had problems using VM 3.4+ with older Joomla versions. Joomla 3.8.13 is nearly 2 years old.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

pellegrinoL

Thanks for the suggestion,

In the backup website i moved to Joomla 3.9.20 but the problem is still there, the main issue is that I cannot find a common feature between theese products..

https://iacotest.tangsoodo.it/
and this is two products with the problem
https://iacotest.tangsoodo.it/abbigliamento-tempo-libero/bermuda/joma-bermuda-costa-2-tricot.html
https://iacotest.tangsoodo.it/logo-a-colori-in-termosaldato.html

these are in 2 different categories...

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

pellegrinoL

Hi,
the product weight is 0.100 Kilograms, the free shipping limit is 0.05 Kilograms.

I have disabled the OPC, the problem is still there.

If I order 15 logo (weight 0.100 Kilograms) VM calculate the final weight       Unità di misura :   0.0015 Chilogrammi

So the VM apply correctly the free shipping, but the correct weight should be 1.500 Kilograms

Jörgen

Sounds like You have set the weight to 0,1 gram (100 milligram instead of gram) check Your product setting.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

pellegrinoL

It seems, but the configuration is correct, see attached.

The most strange thig is if I change the manifacturer, save, and then I restore it, the weight is calculated correctly.

Jörgen

Have You maybe imported this product via csv ?

It is hard to tell what has happened. Kilogram seems to be the first choice, index probably zero, so a uninitialized vale would have been kg, so this is not a simple answer.

Are there any more products that behave the same ?
Maybe this product did not have correct dates before You saved. Or Do You have any kind of special category that does not use weight somehow ?

I hope this issue is solved for now.

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

pellegrinoL

The problem is that i don't know how many products have this issue, I may now only after the orders, when I see the shipping.

These products where not imported via CSV.

At the moment I know that is present on few products in 2 categories, but I don'know how products may have this problem.

Is there a possibility that on the website there are too many products?

Jörgen

Only if you have 100 of thousends products. This could maybe (guessing here) connected to some JavaScript conflict in backend that screws up the saving of the products. There has been  reports about problem with displaying manufacturer
Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

pellegrinoL

Thanks for the explanation. Is there a plugin that allow to see the order weight or product weight?

In case I may cech also if also in there could be other kind of problems.

Best

Jörgen

There is a custom field of plugin type specification, that should be used to display weight, and dimensions for the product. But I have not been able to ake this work. But there seem to have been changes made to this in newer VM versions.

It could be worth a try.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x