News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Migrating to WooCommerce

Started by tsvetko.krastev, July 16, 2020, 10:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsvetko.krastev

Hey guys! :) I need some help with migrating from VirtueMart 3.0.16 to WooCommerce 4.2.2. I have an online store for clothes that us currently running Joomla 3.6.5 and VirtueMart 3.0.16 and I want to somehow import all my products into WooCommerce. I didn't built the Joomla store and have pretty much zero experience with Joomla and VirtueMart. Is there an easy and working solution for this? Is there a way to export all my products (including color variations, images & etc.) to a CSV? I know WooCommerce have an option to import products via CSV file, but I haven't done something like that so I'm not sure if it will work.. Is there another method that I could migrate my products to WooCommerce?

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Troels_E

You can use RO CSVI to export all needed stuff from VM as a .csv file.  Woo can then import a .csv but it will naturally need some tweeking before import. Do the export and find an import template and then it is pretty fast to copy/paste the right stuff to the right places and import it.

I did this myself with a small shop (550 products) not long ago because I wanted to make the switch as my payment plugin isn't updated (shitty support Bambora/Epay) and various other "country specific" plugins are not available for VM. Denmark seems to be to small a country to run a VM shop in unless you can afford to have a lot of coding done and I cant.

Had a woo shop up in no time but tbh. it is only running as a testsite. I am not really convinced about making the switch as I don't really like the system, cant really say why but I need a lot more time with it (that I have not had yet) before making the switch. If I do....

jjk

Quote from: tsvetko.krastev on July 16, 2020, 10:47:29 AM
Is there another method that I could migrate my products to WooCommerce?

It's also possible to export the nessecary table columns as CSV files using for example phpmyadmin or HeidiSQL. But this way you have to adjust the variable names in the exported files manually to match the variable names WooCommerce uses, before you can import them. However, none of the few VirtueMart shop owners I know who did switch to WooCommerce was happy with the result. Most of them switched again to one of those hosted shopping cart solutions, where the host takes care of all maintenance and updates for a monthly subscription fee. I think this is typical for small business owners who don't have the time and/or knowledge to install and maintain shopping cart solutions like VirtueMart theirself.

Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations