New user registration mail stopped working after update virtumart

Started by dennisb, July 09, 2020, 17:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dennisb

Hi.

Recent I updated my joomla/ virtuemart site to the latest versions (virtuemart 3.8.4 and Joomla 3.9.19) and now we facing a problem.

Before the update, we received an admin notification /activation approval mail with all the customer information (mail template from virtuemart), after the update we receive the standard Joomla user admin approval mail.

I really don't know why this is and how I can fix this.

Doen anyone have a clue on this?

With kind regards

Dennis

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

jenkinhill

Sending the address in the registration email was thought to be a potential security or confidentiality issue so was discontinued a few versions ago.   See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=144653
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dennisb

Thanks for the quick reply.

I think we have a different problem.

Because the new user confirmation mail from virtuemart is not sending at all, instead of this mail, the joomla user approval mail is being send.

When the virtuemart mail is send again (with some empty fields), is it possible to re enable the field information in some way (with external plugin eg)?