News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Is it possible to show images as a dropdown menu?

Started by jdunderhill, July 06, 2020, 18:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdunderhill

Hi

I am trying to find a good solution for something but have had real trouble finding a solution after searching...

I run a weathervane shop, On each product listing the weathervane is listed and the customer currently can only select 1 bracket via a text only dropdown. I am looking to integrate a dropdown menu in the addtocart area that displays images and text e.g it shows the picture of the bracket and it's name or even if it just display an image that would also be fine

I wondered whether there is a way of displaying either images or images and text as a drop down list so that the customers can select the bracket they prefer? It would be similar I guess to selecting a colour preference so you have an image or image and text as an option for each entry in the dropdown menu

Just wondered if this can be achieved with Virtuemart out of the box with custom fields?

Here is a link to the shop showing what I have so far but with a text based drop down menu: https://weathervaneshop.co.uk/shop/copper-weathervanes/large-copper-verdigris-cockerel-weathervane-detail

jdunderhill

I have done a couple of mockups. The first attachment is an image and text dropdown menu and the other one is an image only dropdown menu

Just wondered if it is possible to do something like this? I appreciate that my template my style the look a bit different to what I have mocked up but would be interested to know whether it can be done?

pinochico

I'm Just wondered too, I think is possible. Only what you can do it, is hire some developer, is not core option from VM :)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Jumbo!

You can take a look at "VP Advanced Custom Field" - https://www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-advanced-custom-field

You can easily create image dropdown list or image radio list using it. You can find the live demos here - https://demos.virtueplanet.com/?extension=vpac

Disclaimer: I am the developer of this extensions.

pinochico

To Jumbo!:

QuoteYou can easily create image dropdown list

I don't see image dropdown list in demo, only span with background color :)

(Of course I think image will be use with radio list, but there was not question about this).
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Jumbo!

Quote from: pinochico on July 07, 2020, 11:08:39 AM
To Jumbo!:

QuoteYou can easily create image dropdown list

I don't see image dropdown list in demo, only span with background color :)

(Of course I think image will be use with radio list, but there was not question about this).

Image drop-down list option is also available in the extension.