News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Payment plugin (Elavon) won't activate unless std payment method also selected

Started by jdraper, July 06, 2020, 23:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdraper

We developed the Elavon payment method which was cloned from the Virtuemart authorize.net payment method.

(yes we stand on the shoulders of Valerie Isaksen and the VM team - kudos).

The Elavon plugin processes credit cards processed by Elavon merchant services company.

We have a report that the plug in will not display unless the standard payment method is also selected.

We have this running on multiple sites with no issues.

This site is running:

Joomla version 3.9.18
VirtueMart 3.8.2 10325
PHP version: 7.3.6

It may be an issue with the upgrade of VM from 3.6.10 to VM 3.8.2.

It is almost like the standard plugin runs some code that is a pre-requisite for the Elavon plugin.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jerry

jdraper

Validated that it is working on a site with VM 3.8.0 but they also have multiple payment methods configured.

GJC Web Design

This has been reported for the Authorize plugin before ..  ( although I thought it was fixed)  - might be on the forum here
I remember having to use a "hidden" std payment to get Auth to work on its own..
I assume u used the latest Auth plugin to base yours on?

It isn't extra code as I remember but something to do with detecting a valid plugin?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

AH

I developed my own payment plugin for use with Elavon (via cardstream)

Cloning an existing plugin is useful - but clearly you have errors

I have no seen any errors - so it is clearly something you have done.

I worked with functions that were determined from a mixture of the standard plugin and the PayPal Standard plugin (which calls a third party HTML payment page and accepts a return url)
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0