News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Payment method info not correct

Started by Stekske2, July 03, 2020, 14:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stekske2

Does anyone know how the data is generated from the virtuemart_payment_plg_standard table (payment_name field)?

This field is used in the order details and invoice and is not correct. This means: does not originate from the Payment Method data (Payment Info field).

jjk

If you enter something into the 'Payment Info Field', the content is added as an additional info below the chosen payment method in the order email, in the (frontend) order information view and in the (admin) 'Order Edit' view. (VirtueMart version 3.8.4)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Stekske2

Thanks for the info.
But it doesn't.
When orders are created with virtuemart_payment_plg_standard the Payment Info field field is NOT used.
Instead Payment Info field from older orders are used.

Is this normal behaviour?

Jörgen

Are You sure that You are using the correct payment instance in the checkout ? Published and so on ?

I have never heard of this behaviour before, what VM, JOOMLA and PHP versions are You using?

Do You have a custom tempate ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Stekske2

Yes I use only one payment instance: by banktransfer with payment method "standard". And is published.

Versions: all latest

I use a template. But the wrong information is turning up in Virtuemart Backend orders too.

I checked and dubblechecked.
The only place where these "old" information is stored is in old order information.

Is it possible that when generating new orders the data is kopied from older orders?

Jörgen

Then test with protostar, does the new instance have the same id as the old ?

What will this tell, when someone reads the thread in two weeks ?

QuoteVersions: all latest

New order and new payment instance -> new data

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

jjk

Quote from: Stekske2 on July 06, 2020, 11:54:05 AM
The only place where these "old" information is stored is in old order information.
Is it possible that when generating new orders the data is kopied from older orders?

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding. The information you type into the 'Payment Info Field' is stored with the other 'Standard' payment configurations and remains the same with every order.

If you changed it and you/your shoppers still get the previously stored information, it might be a cache problem. In one of your old forum posts you mentioned Siteground as your webhoster. If you still use that, you might have to change or disable their 'SuperCacher'.

pinochico

For better information, I think you must send pictures about your order with right info and order with wrong info.

Or we can send a lot of post, then we find your really problem. I have a lot of time :)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Stekske2

***version info ***
Joomla 3.9.19
Virtuemart 3.8.4
php 7.3.16

I searched the hole database. The only table where the wrong information is stored is the virtuemart_payment_plg_standard (in field "payment_name" 369 records).

When viewing the Payment method instance it is showing the right info.
When viewing the order in the VM ordermanagement (with standard joomla admintemplate) it is showing the wrong information.

Actions done:

Disabled SGcache and CDN. Using Cache Cleaner. Problem stays.

Payment method instance (with standard payment method) deleted and made a new one. At this point the existing orders did not show any info about the used payment method.

After this I did a new order. The order used the right info. Yippeee!

I wish to thank you guys for helping me with this "ghost-problem". :-)
But I think there's a problem with storing information from the payment instance standard. Not?

Stekske2

O, no.
Problem is not solved.

I made another test-order with a diferent shipment method and the old (wrong) info from the payment method turned up on the order details.
What is going on?

jjk

Do you use Joomla's 'Progressive caching' (Page Cache)? That is not recommended.

Jörgen

Besides a probable cache problem, I would suggest screen shots of Your payment settings and Your orders.

The standard payment usually never causes any difficulties.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

pinochico

QuoteI would suggest screen shots of Your payment settings and Your orders.

Hmmm, I wrote last time.
It's like Stekske2 don't want send picture
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Stekske2

System cache is Conservative caching ON.

Strange: it went good for a while, and then returned to the old info.

I did a scan for malicious files. Suspect file is /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/orders/tmpl/order_item.php

// Check to ensure this file is included in Joomla!
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
$lId=0;
$item=$this->item;
$i=0;
?>
Does this look suspect to you?
Images attached

Jörgen

If it worked for a while cache is probable problem.
Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x