Author Topic: A question  (Read 199 times)

LenaLoyd

• Beginner
  • A beginner
  • Skype Name: LenaLoyd
A question
« on: June 25, 2020, 09:00:59 am »
Hello everyone,

I'm working on a plugin that would allow the user to pay for orders with cryptocurrencies. While I'm near completion (from a functionality standpoint) I noticed something about how orders are processed in the system and I was curious if either I messed something up in my plugin, or perhaps virtuemart configuration.

If a user confirms purchase of a cart full of product and is directed to some external site such as paypal or the interface i'm looking to use and for whatever reason goes back to the hosted virtuemart without paying or cancelling and checks their orders they will see the order that they just performed but there is no way (from that screen) to pay for the product.

I have found that if they return to their cart they can continue the process but that feels slightly awkward to me and I just wanted to be sure that was the intended order cycle or find out from someone more knowledgeable that I might have messed up a configuration somewhere.

Thank you for your time,

GJC Web Design

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
  • Super Hero
  • Virtuemart, Joomla & php developer
    • GJC Web Design
  • VirtueMart Version: 3.6.8
Re: A question
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 09:19:47 am »
correct -- the normal process if the payment is cancelled is to return to the cart where they can either try again or choose a different payment gateway etc

to "continue" a "Pending" order from the account ( if the cart has been cleared) you need a plugin .. Daycounts do one
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers http://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM3 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM3 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM3 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
http://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation