News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Change model user and sending registration email

Started by pinochico, June 24, 2020, 01:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinochico

This is duplicate post from http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=145078.0, because nobody move this post and I don't know if in this category is anybody read them :)

Hello DEV Team,

some of our customers have warned me that emails they send using app VirtueMart Mailing Manager do not work in the new version VirtueMart (3.8.4 10335):
- Email registration for customers
- Email registration for admins

Im looked at the user model in the administration and a new function register was added in file:

administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/user.php

, which automatically sends emails using:

JFactory :: getMailer () -> sendMail ($ data ['mailfrom'], $ data ['fromname'], $ data ['email'], $ emailSubject, $ emailBody);

This feature is new and has completely caused a malfunction of our application, which uses the sendMail function in the file:

components / com_virtuemart / helpers / shopfunctionsf.php

Please there is documentation somewhere (I don't find in news) to request reprogramming of the our application and this feature will remain in future versions of the VM?

Maybe better is use some trigger for sending email to customer or admin after registration process (as it has been until now) and not hardcoded?
If use trigger, then we can call in Email Manager :)

Nobody want to see ugly email (in atachment)

Thanks

Rudolf
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

pinochico

Ok,

today our client send question again, if some from VM DEV fixed this bug or send any answer.

Can you pls answer me and please don't ignore this question :)
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

StefanSTS

When did that change happen? Must be a year ago or so that it was changed to the Joomla way.

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

pinochico

> When did that change happen?

I read the information about new function in VM down to version 3.2 and did not find it.

In code:
Changed code in VM not in Joomla - it was added new function Register in model user.

Before change all email was send with shopfunction.php in FE (register user too).

AH

QuoteCan you pls answer me and please don't ignore this question

Not sure you get to demand stuff!! However let me enlighten you.

This is an update to functionality. As you have noted register emails are now sent in User model.

When it happened is somewhat a moot point and is unlikely to be reverted - using a trigger is complete overkill and not necessary.

If you don't like the format of the emails - you can do an override to the templates as per standard process
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

pinochico

to AH:

thanks for info.

Ok,  I send info to all clients with extensions VirtueMart Email Manager, then VirtueMart change code and extensions not function anymore (now is about registration emails and in future maybe another emails).
I will finally have peace and never have to develop - maybe it's time to start doing something else :)

pinochico

P.S.

QuoteIf you don't like the format of the emails - you can do an override to the templates as per standard process

Extensions VirtueMart Mailing Manager is not about change email templates only, is marketing tools with 120 variables (virtueMart, AwoCoupon, Tracking links) and a lot of rules, then info about override is not right info.

AH

I will finally have peace and never have to develop - maybe it's time to start doing something else
Quotenow is about registration emails and in future maybe another emails

Seems like an odd thing to have to tell someone developing a plugin for a third party system - "systems change and you should be prepared to test and manage such change."

Get the Mailing manager updated - that is the job of a developer is it not ?  Unless you expect to develop once and never have to change anything.

Surely one does not expect that approach to work forever - especially when you don't manage the application you are plugging into. Backward compatibility is never guaranteed and would create a mad amount of deprecated code in core.

VM now uses a different function in a different places to invoke the sending of registration emails.  Its now in the user model (which seems like a decent place for a USER function.

Your mailing applications( and or any other applications using the registermail function) now need to cater for that in upcoming releases.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

pinochico

to AH:

Yes, I expect adjustments.

But what I don't expect will change (in my opinion the basic functionality) and I won't read about it anywhere.
I will find out about it when dissatisfied clients write to me.

Then I'm frustrated. I would expect at least a mention here: http://virtuemart.net/news/list-all-blogs

Unfortunately, I did not find a change in the user model here :(

Our developers don't check the changes in the SVN repo every day to tell me which of our 80 extensions need to be reprogrammed.

AH

Yes I can see your pain

I would hope that they don't check the SVN daily - that would obviously be way too onerous!
I never track the SVN - preferring to do differential checking from one supported version to the next I intend to support, but it is obviously nicer to see what is coming down the pipe first!

Maybe have a word with max.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0