Category functions (rekurseCategories) stopped working after 3.8.4.10335

Started by sandomatyas, June 19, 2020, 14:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandomatyas

There is a site which was updated to 3.8.4.10335 (joomla 3.9.19, PHP 7.3).
The site >14.000 categories (!!!)
After that it stopped working it was generated a huge amount of sql queries like this:
SELECT c.category_parent_id, c.`ordering`, c.virtuemart_category_id, c.category_parent_id, c.virtuemart_vendor_id, c.category_template, c.category_layout, c.category_product_layout, c.products_per_row, c.limit_list_step, c.limit_list_initial, c.hits, c.cat_params, c.metarobot, c.metaauthor, c.shared, c.`published`, c.has_children, c.has_medias, l.category_name, l.category_description, l.metadesc, l.metakey, l.customtitle, l.slug
FROM wde0w_virtuemart_categories as c
LEFT JOIN `wde0w_virtuemart_categories_en_gb` as l ON l.`virtuemart_category_id` = c.`virtuemart_category_id`
WHERE (c.`category_parent_id` = 6456 ) AND c.`published` = 1
ORDER BY c.ordering, category_name ASC

I digged a bit and found mod_virtuemart_category which I disabled and the site is working. I checked the code and this is VirtueMartModelCategory::rekurseCategories
Also backend category dropdowns are generated very slowly

Have you ever faced with this issue?

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

sandomatyas

I have an other category module too, but would be better if the core functions could do the job

pinochico

If we bought any extensions from Joomla (or VM)

everytime we change/develop different version from original, because is not correct for:

- using with another extensions together
- using for real bussiness

Sometimes we developped a lot of hours or months.

Yes, would be better if the core function could do the job, but i not possible, when extensions is not from one developer only. (a good developer).

But you can buy subscription and send info to Max.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products