News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Items not showing in cart at checkout

Started by AnnieG13, June 16, 2020, 13:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnieG13

Hi,
So I went through the suggestions, changing templates etc.

This is the results.

Before any changes

(see screenshot 1)

After changing template [Protostar as default] in Virtuemart console for the shop ---- (shop cart page)

(see screenshot 2)

I did notice the shop front was in the Protostar template but when I go to the cart it was in mx_joomla 157 template.
Had the same result as above when I unpublished the Virtuemart extension modules.

The error with the cart is still there even in Protostar template.

I'm not sure how to read this so help would be great in working out how to fix this problem

Thanks

Joomla 3.9
Virtuemart 3.8
Website - www.puppylanetreats.com.au

jenkinhill

Looks like jQuery is not being loaded or you have more than one jQuery loading. Impossible to say for sure without a live URL.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AnnieG13

AH

Yes - jquery is not being loaded

You need to sort that out in your template
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

AnnieG13

Can you let me know how to do that, i have no idea where to start or what to do?
thanks

pinochico

BTW:

I must waiting 5 minutes for loading full website.
After 2 minutes I went to the forest.

You can start optimize - the first is wrong logo size and I could continue with slideshow....
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

AnnieG13

Hi Pinochico,
Thanks for the advice, I am a real beginner, I just followed the template.
Not sure what you mean (  After 2 minutes I went to the forest.)

Could you explain to me how to optimize the site.
thanks

Jörgen

Hello Annie
Your images are to big, take too Long to loss. There are probably much more to do.
Pinocchio got bored waiting and event to the forrest...

To much bells and whizzles make a website slow and error prone.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

AnnieG13

Hi Jorgen,
I am feeling very frustrated with this site. I seem to fix one thing and then get 50 more.  :'( :'( :'(

I did a check and got the results in the screenshots.  The second attachment is just one file errors, when the site was on the checkout page.

So much is wrong with it, would I be better making a subdomain and rebuilding the site again or just working through each problem one by one and sorting it out. I have never had this much trouble in all the site (which isn't many) that I have done.

Your advise wouldn't be very much appreciated.

I regard to the photos, I used the template's size of their images to create my sizing, so thought it would be right. I will go see if I can find a guide to see the best sizing for images for  a website.

Thanks again for your patience with me.

Annie

Jörgen

When debugging anything, you have to be careful not to try to many things at once. You should carefully add an option at a time. Install Joomla first. Making sure it works. Adding virtuemart and making sure it works. Now is the time to be making tweaks to the design. Carefully adding one feature att s time.
If you are all over the sikte, you will never fond your problems.
The size of loaded images depends both the size in pixels and the rate of compression used. And it is the size in BYTE that katters for loading time. If you use big JavaScript libraries and other types of code that you not fullt bred, it Will slow things down. Starting with a feature packed template Will probably send your visitors to the forest.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

AnnieG13

Hi Jorgen,
Thanks for your reply, I am starting by going through my image sizing, trying to sort that out first.

I went to the demo site of the mx_jommla157 template, which I purchased thinking that a paid template would have less problems than a free one. (Guess not). Anyway I used firefox inspector to determine the size of the images used.

I do love the look of that template, but do you suggest using a different one, if so do you have any suggestions?

Your help is awesome, thanks

Annie

Jörgen

Considering that your template is a commercial, one thought is, is the template made with VM in mind ? If not, then you will need something else. If it is made for VM, then knock om their door, they have taken your money, VM has not. I am using template from olympianthemes, but he has closed shop. But I guess there are themes on Virtuemarts extensions shop. But please send some questions to the shop asking for help choosing a template.
Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

AnnieG13

Hi Jorgen,
I had thought about the template not being compatible with VM, but even when I change to Protostar template for the shop it has the same problem.

I am in the process of starting a subdomain so I can start from scratch as I have spent ages trying to repair the site and could have built a completely new one. I have downloaded and Joomla/VM combo file to install hoping that may alleviate some problems.

Will see how I go, I will also get onto the template creator and ask about compatibility with VM.

Thanks again, your a great help.   :) :)
Annie

Jörgen

Even if You change template, you can have plugins and modules that are not compatible with VM or each other or outdated.

Changing between templates must be done correctly, if you are not careful you can have a mix of templates depending on where You choose to switch. In Joomla or in VM or on menu level, this can be a very toxic mix if there are misbehaving plugins involved. Using Joomla together with VM is not a complicated issue, there are literally hundred of thousends of shops using Virtuemart. Limiting causes for error and malfunction is essential. There only needs to be one disfunctional plugin to bring down a shop.

You have issues with not loading jquery, this should not be a problem with an out of the box shop.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

AnnieG13

So if I uninstall VM and re-install it would that work it get it back on track.

I like VM I have used it on other sites I have created without an issue.

If I uninstall the Modules of VM is there any other files such as databases etc to delete / un-install too?

Maybe this is the way to go instead of a subdomain and new install and rebuild of the site.

Cheers Annie