Cloned product and added image, now the Media Files page won't load properly

Started by SamanthaY, June 15, 2020, 20:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamanthaY

I am a beginner, picking up this live site from the previous developer, so please bear with me here. Last week I cloned a product and was playing with it to see how to make changes. I finally figured out how to add an image from inside the new product that I was working on. However, I went to upload a second image, hit the save button, and my problems began. Once I hit save, the screen changed, it redirected me from the product page I was on and went to the main Products page, I am guessing, but the CSS didn't load so the page didn't load properly or even finish loading the entire page, see the attached image, products-page.png. All of the other menu links I tried at the time loaded their pages just fine, so I couldn't understand what was going on. I tried logging out and in again, clearing my cache, opening it in another browser, and even restarting my computer, no change. I could click on the two products in the attached image and their pages would load fine, but when I clicked on Pulsar Area Velocity, the one circled in red, nothing would load, I would just get this same page again, but it would stop right beneath the Tools>About menu item and not load anything else. Finally, I chose 100 in the Filter box above the 3 products that were populating and it opened a normal looking Products page with all the products listed. I was able to click the box beside the Pulsar Area Velocity product and Delete the product, problem solved, or so I thought. This page was at least loading correctly now.

Then I discovered that I could load images by clicking on the Media Files link, so I thought maybe there is a glitch and it doesn't like photos to be uploaded directly within the product. However, when I clicked on the link for Media Files, it was messed up just like when I clicked the Products link, see the attached image, media-files-1.png. I was hoping I could do the same fix for this as I did for the Products and just delete the image I had uploaded on Friday. However, as you can see there are no menu options from this point to delete anything. When I click the link for the image name, the page loads again, but it stops loading right beneath Tools>About menu item, just like it was doing with products, see the attached image, media-files-2.png.

I have tried searching for other images using the filter boxes and those pages and images appear just fine, so I was hoping I could get the image to show up in the list and delete it, but I can't get it to load on a normal page to do that. I have no other image files that start with the same word or even letter, so I thought if I load another image with a similar name, I could filter for the beginning of the name and get a search where it shows up in the list. That didn't work either, now both images show up in the list on the messed up looking page. The image I loaded today, the one circled in blue, I can click the link for it's name and get to its properties; and when I go into a Product I can search for it in the Product Images tab and add it, but I can't see even the name of the image I loaded on Friday. I feel sure if I could just delete the offending image, the page would load correctly again, but I just can't figure out how to do that.

Versions I am running:
Joomla! Version 3.9.13
PHP Version 7.2.17
VirtueMart Version 3.2.1

Jörgen

You have probably javascript issues. You should see a completely different view. Please check Your console for JS error and start from there. You VM version is very old and not secure, this old has probably also issues with PHP 7.2, check with error reporting turned all on. And as always, please test on a staging copy of the site.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

SamanthaY

When I open DevTools in Chrome, I see the following errors on the Console, see console1.png attached.

I understand that Joomla and VirtueMart could both be updated. But what I don't understand is that I was having the same problem with the Products Page as I am with Media Files Page, and by deleting the new product I had created the Products Page works fine now. Is there a way to get that image deleted?

GJC Web Design

You need to find what those 500 server errors are

there are posts on here about how to go about that
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

VirtueMart 3.2.1 was released over 3 years ago to work with the then available Joomla 3.6.5 and almost certainly has issues when used with current Joomla 3.9 versions.
VM 3.2.1 was released before PHP 7.2 became available and therefore may have errors with that PHP version.

Trying to solve errors on software versions that are probably incompatible is non-productive. When faced with something like this, working on a local site copy, I update the software to current and then try to solve any issues that arise. Many times the old issues don't appear any more, but there are likely to be new problems, most often with template incompatibility.

To identify 500 errors see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=117042.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

SamanthaY

Thank you all for your help. Unfortunately, I don't know how to create a mirror site and try the update on that before the live site. I contacted the web developer we have been working with and she said it would take her a long time to do and I am not happy with her work or prices. I can still upload new products and upload images through the products. Plus...we are having a brand new site built and it should be done by October, so I hate to spend too much extra time and money on this one.

Thank you all again, I was hoping for a quick and simple fix, but sounds like it's quite a bit more involved.

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products