News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shop-in-shop reseller, is this possible?

Started by Kuubs, June 15, 2020, 14:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuubs

Hello,

I am wondering if I can set up some sort of reseller in Virtuemart? This means that the webshop product pages get a new logo, but they sell the same products in the backend. Eventually you'll checkout and the order goes through normally except the reseller gets also an email from the order itself, and in the backend you can see if products are sold via that reseller's website.

So for example the normal webshop is located at normalwebshop.com and the reseller account is located at normalwebshop.com/reseller

Reseller gets an email (as well as the normalwebshop.com owner) and in the administrator orders page you can see if the order is made on the reseller's website. Anyone know if this is possible?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

Heheh, I typed it and in the moment you did, sooo, I wanted to show you, I am still alive ;-)
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Kuubs

Thank you, so the multivendor option is the solution here?

If i'm thinking out loud that would mean that I basically have to make different products and assign these products to the reseller so I have a product version for every reseller? I think I should test this out some more, because the page isn't that extensive regarding the explanation but I hope this can work out for me.

jenkinhill

You have to play with the system and find a way of working that suits your setup. Everyone using MV seems to have different requirements.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Kuubs

Quote from: jenkinhill on June 16, 2020, 11:28:51 AM
You have to play with the system and find a way of working that suits your setup. Everyone using MV seems to have different requirements.

I played a bit with the system but I have a couple of remarks.

If an order is made from a reseller it's not visible in the main vendor account. Can I change this?

pinochico

QuoteIf an order is made from a reseller it's not visible in the main vendor account.

And should it? Why?
You use multivednor == any vendor can't see orders from another vendor, isn't it?
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Jörgen

You seem to look for some kind of inheritance. This is not the multivendor idea, there each manages its owns products.

Sounds more more like You want one stock and sell through resellers. Do not know how to accomplish right now.

But first make very good plan of how you are going to sell your products, then see if it possible to realize. Without planning You will fall on Your nose.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Kuubs

Quote from: Jörgen on June 23, 2020, 00:57:16 AM
You seem to look for some kind of inheritance. This is not the multivendor idea, there each manages its owns products.

Sounds more more like You want one stock and sell through resellers. Do not know how to accomplish right now.

But first make very good plan of how you are going to sell your products, then see if it possible to realize. Without planning You will fall on Your nose.

Jörgen

Yes that is exactly what I am looking for. I want a shared set of products, but i want to see in the backend which one of the reseller sold the product, so I guess which page the visitor was.. I guess I have to check out other plugins