News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Pricing not showing after changes were made.

Started by AnnieG13, June 14, 2020, 17:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnieG13

Hi,

Site - puppylanetreats.com.au
Joomla 3.9 & Virtuemart 3.8

Using Mx_joomla157 template.

Ok, so after spending weeks setting up this site, and just about had it done and today I have stuffed it so much I can't get it back to where it was.

I had products setup up with pricing (not tax though), I could click on 'add to cart' go through to checkout only problem was I couldn't click on shipping and payments.

So I went to fix these problems, firstly applied tax to each product.

I did the adjustments but stupidly didn't check the front end.  :'(    Continued to try to get the shipping and payments working. At some point I realised that from the front end I no longer had pricing showing (see screenshots)

Help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks Annie

Jörgen

Turn default template to Rule out probable template issues, which this probably is...

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

AnnieG13

Hi
Thanks for your suggestion. I tried it switching to     
Protostar  for the shop but got the same results (see screenshot).

I also tried using for the whole website but for some reason I can't get the website to divert to the protostar template :-[ :-[

I'm really at a lose at what to do, except ditch VM, reinstall and re-enter all the products again.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Annie

GJC Web Design

It has to be something relatively simple .. just methodically go thru your settings .. have u done something like turn on Shopper group pricing?
But obviously from here it really is difficult to know what you have done  -
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

AnnieG13

Thanks for getting back to me, I don't think I have turned on shopper group pricing, but will check again.

I have been through so many combinations, it was just doing my head in.

I will keep trying to sort it out.  Hope you have a good day.

Cheers Annie

Jörgen

There is a switch to use as catalogue (gives no add to cart AFAIK) and show no prices (No prices, obviously) in VM configuration. Check these out.

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

AnnieG13

Hi everyone,
Well I have had success with getting this one problem. It is working now, I can see the pricing on the products now.

How I fixed it was going to Core Css Styles & Javascripts section in Configuration section.
I had checked to many things, so i went back and cleared all except the virtuemart components.  (See screenshot)

Jörgen

You should probably turn on a couple of more options, but You will notice that ajax can be nice to have switched on. What combination made it stop working ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

AnnieG13

:-[ Oops, sorry I should have taken notice of that, but didn't.

I just un-clicked all of them and turned them on, one by one, until it worked. Saving in between.

So do you suggest to turn on 'Use the script ajax Countries / Regions' and 'Use ajax for product content' and 'Use ajax for category content' too?

Thanks Annie

Jörgen

If You use regions, then yes. Check out performance for ajax for products, this is usually ON, Test also for categories.
Checking for JS errors in the console is advisable, js from your template could interfere.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

AnnieG13

Hi Jorgen,
I am only going to sell in Australia for now, may look at overseas later don't the track.

How do I Check for JS errors in the console, to see if the template is interfering.

I do have another problem I was just writing another post. Once I select a product and 'add to cart' nothing shows in checkout an I get a 'Notice Product removed' message at the top (see screenshot)

Thank so mush for your help :)

Annie

Jörgen

Probably a template issue, also turn sef off. Try with protostar and beez.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

AnnieG13

Hi Jorgen,
I did try that the other day but it didn't make a difference.
I will try it again and see how I go.

Thanks

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AnnieG13

Great thanks I was just checking how to do that. You just saved me some time, thanks again.
Annie